- Amphetamine use: Percentage of people who have used amphetamines, generally for ages 15 and over. Spain and Greece: data for ages 15-64. Netherlands: data for ages 15-59. United Kingdom: data for ages 16-59. Germany: data for ages 18-59. Belgium: data for ages 18-65. France: data for ages 18-69. Data generally for 1999 or 1998. Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden: data for 1997. Austria: data for 1996. Denmark, France: data for 1995. Belgium: data for 1994. Canada: data for 1993.
- Cannabis use: Percentage share of people who have used cannabis, generally including people 15 and above. Different nations have, however, focussed their studies on different age groups. United States and Netherlands: data for years 12 and above. Greece: Data for ages 12 to 64. Australia: data for ages 14 and above. United Kingdom: data for ages 16 to 59. Germany: data for ages 18-59. Denmark and France: data for ages 18 to 69. Data for 1998 or 1999 in most cases. Germany, Poland, and Spain: data for 1997. Austria: data for 1996. Denmark, France and Ireland: data for 1995.
- Food and drink > Alcohol > Consumption > Current: Alcohol consumption - Litres per capita by population aged above 15. (Data for 2003).
- Food and drink > Beer > Consumption: Litres of beer consumed per person per year (2002).
- Food and drink > Coffee > Consumption: Kilograms of coffee consumed per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Exports: Food comprises the commodities in SITC sections 0 (food and live animals), 1 (beverages and tobacco), and 4 (animal and vegetable oils and fats) and SITC division 22 (oil seeds, oil nuts, and oil kernels)."
- Food and drink > Fruit juice > Consumption: Consumption of fruit juices. Litres per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Pork > Consumption per capita: Measures taken in 1997 and based on carcass weight. Selected Nations only.
- Food and drink > Soft drink > Consumption: Consumption of carbonated soft drinks. Litres per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Tea > Consumption: Kilograms of tea consumed per person per year, 2002.
- Happiness level > Very happy: Proportion of people who answered the survey question: "Taking all things together, would you say you are: very happy, quite happy, not very happy, or not at all happy?" by stating that they were "Very happy".
- Happiness net: This statistic is compiled from responses to the survey question: "Taking all things together, would you say you are: very happy, quite happy, not very happy, or not at all happy?". The "Happiness (net)" statistic was obtained via the following formula: the percentage of people who rated themselves as either "quite happy" or "very happy" minus the percentage of people who rated themselves as either "not very happy" or "not at all happy".
- Leisure > Leisure Time > Leisure time across activities > Sports: The measures of the quantity of leisure time presented here are based on information drawn from national and International Time Use Surveys. Participants to these surveys fill diaries over a number of days. Information from these diaries is then aggregated into a standard activity classification, with the sum of minutes spent in various (primary) activities summing to 24 hours per day. Time-use data from national surveys have been re-coded by the OECD to a common classification based on the five main categories of “paid work and study”; “home production”; “personal care”; “leisure activities”; and “other activities not classified elsewhere”. Adjustments have been made to account for cross-country differences in the age of people covered by the various national surveys. Finally, to account for differences across countries in time devoted to personal care, this has been set equal to the amount devoted to this activity in the country where this is lowest (Norway); the excess of daily time that residents of some countries devote to personal care has been added to leisure.
- Life satisfaction: Most scores are based on responses to the following question: "All things considered, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your life-as-a-whole now? 1 dissatisfied to10 satisfied" (item code O-SLW/c/sq/n/10/a). Scores of ten nations are based on responses to a somewhat different question: "Suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you and the bottom of the ladder the worst possible life. Where on this ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?" The response was rated on a ladder scale ranging from 0 to 10 (item code O-BW/c/sq/l/11/c). We transformed the scores using the information of nations in which both this item and the above question on life-satisfaction had been used in about the same years.
- Roller coasters: Number of roller coasters in each country. Includes both wooden and steel constructions.
"British Lifestyle Profile", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/groups/UK-and-its-territories/Lifestyle
"British Lifestyle Profile, NationMaster." 1960-2012. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/groups/UK-and-its-territories/Lifestyle>.
'British Lifestyle Profile, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/groups/UK-and-its-territories/Lifestyle> [assessed 1960-2012]
"British Lifestyle Profile", NationMaster [Internet]. 1960-2012. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/groups/UK-and-its-territories/Lifestyle>.
"British Lifestyle Profile", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1960-2012.
"British Lifestyle Profile, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/groups/UK-and-its-territories/Lifestyle (assessed 1960-2012)
"British Lifestyle Profile", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/groups/UK-and-its-territories/Lifestyle (last visited 1960-2012)
"British Lifestyle Profile", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/groups/UK-and-its-territories/Lifestyle (as of 1960-2012)
Facts and figures about UK and its territories
|British Agriculture 138||British Geography 50||British Media 213|
|British Crime 63||British Government 91||British Military 98|
|British Disasters 26||British Health 200||British People 467|
|British Economy 1837||British Industry 77||British Religion 11|
|British Education 421||British Labor 204||British Sports 146|
|British Energy 1729||British Language 3||British Terrorism 22|
|British Environment 192||British Lifestyle 84||British Transport 307|