- Army > Absence of standing army (notes): This stat lists countries that have no permanent army but possess some type of paramilitary forces, like coast guards or special police units, for tasks such as patroling the borders and keeping internal security. Each entry describes the current status of the country on regards to its defense, the type of forces they keep and their approximate numbers.
- Branches: The names of the ground, naval, air, marine, and other defense or security forces
- Conscription: A description of the status of conscription in the nation in 1997.
- Manpower > Reaching military age annually > Males: The number of draft-age males and females entering the military manpower pool in any given year and is a measure of the availability of draft-age young adults.
- Manpower reaching military age annually > Males: This entry is derived from Military > Manpower reaching military age annually, which gives the number of males and females entering the military manpower pool (i.e., reaching age 16) in any given year and is a measure of the availability of military-age young adults.
- Military branches: This entry lists the service branches subordinate to defense ministries or the equivalent (typically ground, naval, air, and marine forces).
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- War deaths: Battle-related deaths are deaths in battle-related conflicts between warring parties in the conflict dyad (two conflict units that are parties to a conflict). Typically, battle-related deaths occur in warfare involving the armed forces of the warring parties. This includes traditional battlefield fighting, guerrilla activities, and all kinds of bombardments of military units, cities, and villages, etc. The targets are usually the military itself and its installations or state institutions and state representatives, but there is often substantial collateral damage in the form of civilians being killed in crossfire, in indiscriminate bombings, etc. All deaths--military as well as civilian--incurred in such situations, are counted as battle-related deaths."
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries without armed forces (Countries with no standing army, but having limited military forces); All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Geneva, Switzerland, 1997. Data collected from the nations concerned, unless otherwise indicated. Acronyms: Amnesty International (AI); European Council of Conscripts Organizations (ECCO); Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC); International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights (IHFHR); National Interreligious Service Board for Conscientious Objectors (NISBCO); Service, Peace and Justice in Latin America (SERPAJ); War Resisters International (WRI); World Council of Churches (WCC); CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Wikipedia: List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel (The list); Uppsala Conflict Data Program, http://www.pcr.uu.se/research/ucdp/.
"Monaco Military Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Monaco/Military
"Monaco Military Stats, NationMaster." 1960-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Monaco/Military>.
'Monaco Military Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Monaco/Military> [assessed 1960-2014]
"Monaco Military Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1960-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Monaco/Military>.
"Monaco Military Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1960-2014.
"Monaco Military Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Monaco/Military (assessed 1960-2014)
"Monaco Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Monaco/Military (last visited 1960-2014)
"Monaco Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Monaco/Military (as of 1960-2014)
Monaco Military Profiles (Subcategories)
|Manpower 10||Manpower reaching militarily significant age annually 6|
|Manpower available for military service 3||Manpower reaching military age annually 4|
|Manpower fit for military service 4|