- Air force > Combat aircraft: Number of fighter aircrafts (fixed wing aircrafts with combat capability).
- Army > Main battle tanks: Number of main battle tanks.
- Budget: Annual defense budget in billion USD.
- Expenditures > Percent of GDP: Current military expenditures as an estimated percent of gross domestic product (GDP).
- Global Peace Index: The Global Peace Index is comprised of 22 indicators in the three categories ongoing domestic or international conflicts; societal safety; and security and militarization. A low index value indicates a peaceful and safe country.
- Military branches: This entry lists the service branches subordinate to defense ministries or the equivalent (typically ground, naval, air, and marine forces).
- Military expenditures: This entry gives spending on defense programs for the most recent year available as a percent of gross domestic product (GDP); the GDP is calculated on an exchange rate basis, i.e., not in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP). For countries with no military forces, this figure can include expenditures on public security and police.
- Military service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of service obligation.
- Navy > Aircraft carriers: Number of aircraft carriers.
- Navy > Frigates: Number of frigates.
- Navy > Submarines: Number of patrol boats (includes minesweepers).
- Service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of sevice obligation.
- WMD > Missile: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of missile weapons of mass destruction
- WMD > Nuclear: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of nuclear weapons
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries by level of military equipment (List); All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index, Global Rankings. Vision of Humanity.; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; The Nuclear Threat Initiative
"Taiwan Military Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Taiwan/Military
"Taiwan Military Stats, NationMaster." 1972-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Taiwan/Military>.
'Taiwan Military Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Taiwan/Military> [assessed 1972-2014]
"Taiwan Military Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1972-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Taiwan/Military>.
"Taiwan Military Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1972-2014.
"Taiwan Military Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Taiwan/Military (assessed 1972-2014)
"Taiwan Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Taiwan/Military (last visited 1972-2014)
"Taiwan Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Taiwan/Military (as of 1972-2014)
- Taiwan ranked #6 for manpower fit for military service > males age 16-49 amongst Densely populated countries in 2013.
- Taiwan ranked #11 for manpower reaching militarily significant age annually > males amongst East Asia and Pacific in 2013.