- Daylight Savings Time end date: Rules that determine the date on which daylight savings time ends. Clocks are moved backwards on this date.
- Daylight Savings Time start date: Rules that determine the date on which daylight savings time begins. Clocks are moved forward on this date.
- Full name: Full names (translated to english) of the United Nations member states, as of 2014. For a list of full names in the respective original languages of each country, check this link.
- Independence day date: Date.
- Land border length: The length of each country's land border. Islands are listed as having a 0.0 km.
- Length of border with Brazil: Length in kilometers of each country's border with Brazil. Brazil has borders with ten different countries, totalling 16,885 kilometres (10,492 mi). That puts it in the 3rd place in the countries with the longest international land borders.
- National anthems: National anthem.
- Neighboring countries and territories: The countries and territories neighboring each country. "L" means they share only a land border and "M" means they have only maritime boundaries. A blank means they share both.
- Number of maritime boundary neighbours: Number of states and territories with which each country shares a maritime border. Two countries separated from each other by a body of water have a maritime border with each other.
- Overview: A geopolitical overview of every sovereign country in the world, briefly examining their recent history and place on the global stage. The texts are taken from the BBC News website.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Daylight saving time by country (Daylight Saving Time rules); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states; Wikipedia: List of national independence days (List); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land borders (Land borders) (Note: land border lengths will vary depending on the scale by which they are measured, and therefore these figures without a source accompanied by an explanation of how they were measured and at what scale makes comparisons impossible; for more information see coastline paradox .); CIA World Factbook: Brazil; Wikipedia: List of national anthems (Anthems of United Nations member states) ("List of Member States" . United Nations . Retrieved 2011-07-21 .); Wikipedia: List of countries and territories by land and maritime borders; British Broadcasting Corporation 2014
"Uruguay Background Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Uruguay/Background
"Uruguay Background Stats, NationMaster." 1825-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Uruguay/Background>.
'Uruguay Background Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Uruguay/Background> [assessed 1825-2014]
"Uruguay Background Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1825-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Uruguay/Background>.
"Uruguay Background Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1825-2014.
"Uruguay Background Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Uruguay/Background (assessed 1825-2014)
"Uruguay Background Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Uruguay/Background (last visited 1825-2014)
"Uruguay Background Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Uruguay/Background (as of 1825-2014)