FACTS & STATISTICS
Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:
Interesting Facts > Crime
- You're 66 times more likely to be prosecuted in the USA than in France
- If you're in Montserrat, watch your back! Nearly 1% of the population are police officers.
- Per capita, South Africa has the most assaults, rapes, and murders with firearms.
- Two-thirds of the world's executions occur in China.
- America puts many more of its citizens in prison than any other nation.
- Two-thirds of the world's kidnappings occur in Colombia.
- Venezuela is one of the happiest and most murderous places in the world.
- Russia has almost twice as many judges and magistrates as the United States. Meanwhile, the United States has 8 times as much crime.
- In the Maldives, there are more than 2 jails for every 1000 people.
- One in every three Australians is a victim of crime.
- Saudi diplomats have 367 unpaid parking fines in Britain.
- In pure number terms, more crimes are committed in America than in any other nation. The same goes for burglaries, car thefts, rapes and assaults.
- The United States puts 0.7 % of its population in Prison - a vastly higher percentage than any other nation.
- India’s criminal courts acquitted over a million defendants in 1999, more than the next 48 surveyed countries combined.
- Women make up more than 10% of the prison population in only six countries: Thailand, , Qatar, Paraguay, Costa Rica, and Singapore.
- People trust Swedes! Swedish companies are the world’s least-likely to be perceived as paying bribes.
- 84% of people in Finland feel that they are at a low risk of experiencing a burglary - but just look at how many burglaries they have!
View factoids in categories:
- Agriculture - Crime - Currency - Democracy - Economy - Education - Energy - Environment - Food - Geography - Government - Health - Identification - Immigration - Industry - Internet - Labor - Language - Lifestyle - Media - Military - Mortality - People - Religion - Sports - Taxation - Transportation
Found your own interesting fact on NationMaster to do with country comparisons?
Please submit it!
Subscribe to NationMaster Crime factoids RSS / Atom feeds