FACTS & STATISTICS
Search encyclopedia, statistics and forums:
Interesting Facts > People
- Andorrans live the longest, four years longer than in neighbouring France and Spain.
- China's labor force stands at 706 million people, almost three times that of Europe and twice that of North and South America combined
- Luxembourgers are the world's richest people - and also the most generous.
- If you like kids, then Uganda might be the place for you. Half the population is under 15!
- Senior gentlemen might consider a trip to Russia, where there are two women over 65 for every man.
- Single guys should check out The Virgin Islands, where the women outnumber the men.
- South America is unusual in that it is both highly urbanized and poor.
- Many Americans live alone - the United States leads the world in one person households.
- Kazakhstan is the world's largest landlocked country.
- Looking for geniuses? Head straight to Iceland. There are more than 3 Nobel Prize Winners for every million Icelanders.
- Sri Lanka has lowest divorce rate in the world - and the highest rate of female suicide.
- Australians have a huge 380,000 sq m of land per person - and yet 91% live in urban areas.
- Nearly a quarter of people in Monaco are over 65.
- The United States has the world's highest marriage rate - as well as the world's highest divorce rate.
- If you're Dutch or Swedish, you're among the world's most likely to end up living in a retirement home. If you're Japanese, you'll probably end up living with your children.
- Of all the nations of the world, China has the most people. But there are 71 nations that are more crowded.
- Most households in Europe and North America contain fewer than three people.
- Like living in cities? Guadeloupe, Nauru, Monaco, Singapore, Gibraltar and Bermuda are only nations that are 100% urbanised.
- There are 11 countries where the average woman has more than six children. Ten of them are in Africa.
- Mali and Niger have 7 children born per woman, yet their populations grow at less than 3% per year.
View factoids in categories:
- Agriculture - Crime - Currency - Democracy - Economy - Education - Energy - Environment - Food - Geography - Government - Health - Identification - Immigration - Industry - Internet - Labor - Language - Lifestyle - Media - Military - Mortality - People - Religion - Sports - Taxation - Transportation
Found your own interesting fact on NationMaster to do with country comparisons?
Please submit it!
Subscribe to NationMaster People factoids RSS / Atom feeds