- Giving > Commitment to Development Index (aid): Each country's score on the Commitment to Development Index for aid giving. The scores shouldn't be interpreted as the monetary amount of aid given, instead, the scores are general rating of how the country aids development.
- Giving > Overall commitment to development: Each country's rating on the Commitment to Development Index. This index not only rates the country's domestic commitment to development, but its commitment to the development of other countries as well.
- Military expenditure > % of central government expenditure: Military expenditure (% of central government expenditure). Military expenditures data from SIPRI are derived from the NATO definition, which includes all current and capital expenditures on the armed forces, including peacekeeping forces; defense ministries and other government agencies engaged in defense projects; paramilitary forces, if these are judged to be trained and equipped for military operations; and military space activities. Such expenditures include military and civil personnel, including retirement pensions of military personnel and social services for personnel; operation and maintenance; procurement; military research and development; and military aid (in the military expenditures of the donor country). Excluded are civil defense and current expenditures for previous military activities, such as for veterans' benefits, demobilization, conversion, and destruction of weapons. This definition cannot be applied for all countries, however, since that would require much more detailed information than is available about what is included in military budgets and off-budget military expenditure items. (For example, military budgets might or might not cover civil defense, reserves and auxiliary forces, police and paramilitary forces, dual-purpose forces such as military and civilian police, military grants in kind, pensions for military personnel, and social security contributions paid by one part of government to another.)
- Untied given: ODA that is untied, million US$.
- Untied given per million people: ODA that is untied, million US$. Figures expressed per million people for the same year.
- Untied given, % of GDP: ODA that is untied, million US$. Figures expressed as a proportion of GDP for the same year
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Commitment to Development Index (Commitment to Development Index) (http://www.cgdev.org/doc/CDI%202012/CDI%20Postcard_2012.pdf); Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), Yearbook: Armaments, Disarmament and International Security.; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables. GDP figures sourced from World Bank national accounts data, and OECD National Accounts data files.
"Finland Aid Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Economy/Aid
"Finland Aid Stats, NationMaster." 1990-2012. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Economy/Aid>.
'Finland Aid Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Economy/Aid> [assessed 1990-2012]
"Finland Aid Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1990-2012. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Economy/Aid>.
"Finland Aid Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1990-2012.
"Finland Aid Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Economy/Aid (assessed 1990-2012)
"Finland Aid Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Economy/Aid (last visited 1990-2012)
"Finland Aid Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Finland/Economy/Aid (as of 1990-2012)