- Air force > Combat aircraft: Number of fighter aircrafts (fixed wing aircrafts with combat capability).
- Air force > Combat aircraft per million people: Number of fighter aircrafts (fixed wing aircrafts with combat capability). Figures expressed per million people for the same year.
- Armed forces personnel: Total armed forces (2000)
- Army > Main battle tanks: Number of main battle tanks.
- Budget: Annual defense budget in billion USD.
- Global Peace Index: The Global Peace Index is comprised of 22 indicators in the three categories ongoing domestic or international conflicts; societal safety; and security and militarization. A low index value indicates a peaceful and safe country.
- Military service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of service obligation.
- Navy > Aircraft carriers: Number of aircraft carriers.
- Navy > Corvette warships: Number of corvettes.
- Navy > Nuclear submarines: Number of nuclear submarines.
- Navy > Submarines: Number of patrol boats (includes minesweepers).
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- Personnel > Per capita: Armed forces personnel are active duty military personnel, including paramilitary forces if the training, organization, equipment, and control suggest they may be used to support or replace regular military forces. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of sevice obligation.
- War deaths: Battle-related deaths are deaths in battle-related conflicts between warring parties in the conflict dyad (two conflict units that are parties to a conflict). Typically, battle-related deaths occur in warfare involving the armed forces of the warring parties. This includes traditional battlefield fighting, guerrilla activities, and all kinds of bombardments of military units, cities, and villages, etc. The targets are usually the military itself and its installations or state institutions and state representatives, but there is often substantial collateral damage in the form of civilians being killed in crossfire, in indiscriminate bombings, etc. All deaths--military as well as civilian--incurred in such situations, are counted as battle-related deaths."
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries by level of military equipment (List); Wikipedia: List of countries by level of military equipment (List). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; IISS (International Institute for Strategic Studies). 2001. The Military Balance 2001-2002. Oxford: Oxford University Press; http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index, Global Rankings. Vision of Humanity.; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Wikipedia: List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel (The list); World Development Indicators database; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Uppsala Conflict Data Program, http://www.pcr.uu.se/research/ucdp/.
"Belgium Military Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Belgium/Military
"Belgium Military Stats, NationMaster." 1960-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Belgium/Military>.
'Belgium Military Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Belgium/Military> [assessed 1960-2014]
"Belgium Military Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1960-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Belgium/Military>.
"Belgium Military Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1960-2014.
"Belgium Military Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Belgium/Military (assessed 1960-2014)
"Belgium Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Belgium/Military (last visited 1960-2014)
"Belgium Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Belgium/Military (as of 1960-2014)