- Area > Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Area > Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Area > Land > Per capita: Total land area in square kilometres Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Area > Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Area > Water: Total water area in square kilometers
- Average rainfall in depth > Mm per year: Average rainfall is the long-term average in depth (over space and time) of annual precipitation in the country. Precipitation is defined as any kind of water that falls from clouds as a liquid or a solid.
- Climate: A brief description of typical weather regimes throughout the year.
- Coastline: The total length of the boundary between the land area (including islands) and the sea.
- Geographic coordinates: This entry includes rounded latitude and longitude figures for the purpose of finding the approximate geographic center of an entity and is based on the Gazetteer of Conventional Names, Third Edition, August 1988, US Board on Geographic Names and on other sources.
- Land area > Square miles: Country land area.
- Land boundaries > Border countries: Length of land boundaries by border country
- Land use > Arable land: The percentage of used land that is arable. Arable land is land cultivated for crops that are replanted after each harvest like wheat, maize, and rice
- Location: The country's regional location, neighboring countries, and adjacent bodies of water.
- Natural resources: A country's mineral, petroleum, hydropower, and other resources of commercial importance.
- Terrain: A brief description of the topography
"Mauritania Geography Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mauritania/Geography
"Mauritania Geography Stats, NationMaster." 1961-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mauritania/Geography>.
'Mauritania Geography Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mauritania/Geography> [assessed 1961-2014]
"Mauritania Geography Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1961-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mauritania/Geography>.
"Mauritania Geography Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1961-2014.
"Mauritania Geography Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mauritania/Geography (assessed 1961-2014)
"Mauritania Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mauritania/Geography (last visited 1961-2014)
"Mauritania Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mauritania/Geography (as of 1961-2014)
- Mauritania ranked first for area > land > per capita amongst Muslim countries in 2008.
- Mauritania ranked #4 for area > land per 1000 amongst Hot countries in 2008.
- Mauritania ranked second last for land use > arable land amongst Sub-Saharan Africa in 2013.
- Mauritania ranked first for land area > sq. km > per capita amongst Former French colonies in 2008.