- Area > Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Area > Comparative to US places: This entry provides an area comparison based on total area equivalents. Most entities are compared with the entire US or one of the 50 states based on area measurements (1990 revised) provided by the US Bureau of the Census. The smaller entities are compared with Washington, DC (178 sq km, 69 sq mi) or The Mall in Washington, DC (0.59 sq km, 0.23 sq mi, 146 acres).
- Area > Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Area > Land > Per capita: Total land area in square kilometres Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Area > Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Area > Water: Total water area in square kilometers
- Climate: A brief description of typical weather regimes throughout the year.
- Coastline: The total length of the boundary between the land area (including islands) and the sea.
- Geographic coordinates: This entry includes rounded latitude and longitude figures for the purpose of finding the approximate geographic center of an entity and is based on the Gazetteer of Conventional Names, Third Edition, August 1988, US Board on Geographic Names and on other sources.
- Land use > Arable land: The percentage of used land that is arable. Arable land is land cultivated for crops that are replanted after each harvest like wheat, maize, and rice
- Location: The country's regional location, neighboring countries, and adjacent bodies of water.
- Maritime claims > Territorial sea: territorial sea - the sovereignty of a coastal State extends beyond its land territory and internal waters to an adjacent belt of sea, described as the territorial sea in the LOS Convention (Part II); this sovereignty extends to the air space over the territorial sea as well as its underlying seabed and subsoil; every State has the right to establish the breadth of its territorial sea up to a limit not exceeding 12 nautical miles. A full and definitive definition can be found in the Law of the Sea (LOS) Convention.
- Natural hazards: Potential natural disasters.
- Natural resources: A country's mineral, petroleum, hydropower, and other resources of commercial importance.
- Terrain: A brief description of the topography
"Svalbard Geography Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Svalbard/Geography
"Svalbard Geography Stats, NationMaster." 1998-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Svalbard/Geography>.
'Svalbard Geography Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Svalbard/Geography> [assessed 1998-2014]
"Svalbard Geography Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1998-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Svalbard/Geography>.
"Svalbard Geography Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1998-2014.
"Svalbard Geography Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Svalbard/Geography (assessed 1998-2014)
"Svalbard Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Svalbard/Geography (last visited 1998-2014)
"Svalbard Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Svalbard/Geography (as of 1998-2014)
- Svalbard ranked second for area > land > per capita globally in 2008.
- Svalbard ranked 4th last for land use > arable land amongst Cold countries in 2013.
- Svalbard has ranked in the top 2 for area > total > per capita since 2005.
- Svalbard has ranked 18th from the bottom for maritime claims > territorial sea since 2008.
- Svalbard has ranked in the top 20 for maritime claims > exclusive fishing zone since 2005.
- Svalbard has ranked in the top 25 for land use > other since 2005.
- Svalbard has ranked in the top 39 for coastline since 2005.
- Svalbard has ranked in the top 129 for area > total since 2005.
- Svalbard has ranked in the top 122 for area > land since 2005.
- Svalbard has ranked in the top 234 for area > water since 2005.