- Chess > GrandMasters: Number of GrandMaster chess champions, by country. A GrandMaster is the highest level of recognition in chess.
- Chess > GrandMasters per million: Number of GrandMaster chess champions, by country. A GrandMaster is the highest level of recognition in chess. Figures expressed per million population for the same year.
- Chess > International Masters: Number of International Masters in chess, by country. International Master is the second highest recognition in chess.
- Chess > World Chess Rankings: Country rank by average rating of top 10 players
- FIFA World Ranking > Men: World football rankings, point totals, March 2006.
- FIFA World Ranking > Women: FIFA world women's ranking, total points.
- FWA Footballer of the Year > Winners > Winning years: Years players by nationality won the FWA Footballer of the Year Award.
- Formula One car racing > World Drivers' Champions > By nationality > Drivers by Name > Titles: Formula One racing drivers who have won at least one season as of 2010.
- Soccer > 2012-13 UEFA Champions League > Association ranking > Teams: Number of teams from each association that qualified for the 2012-2013 UEFA Champions league.
- Summer olympic medals > All time: All-time Summer Games medal standings, based on The Golden Book of the Olympic Games. Medal counts include the 1906 Intercalated Games, which are not recognized by the IOC.
- Winter olympic medals > All time: All-time Winter Games medal standings, according to The Golden Book of the Olympic Games. Medal counts include figure skating medals (1908 and '20) and hockey medals (1920) awarded at the Summer Games. National medal standings for the Winter and Summer Games are not recognized by the IOC.
- World Cup Totals > Wins: Total matches won in World Cup history, 1930-2006. NOTE: Serbia & Montenegro includes historic Yugoslavia's totals. Germany includes West Germany totals.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: 2006 FIBA World Championship; World Chess Federation, 2006; World Chess Federation, 2006. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA); FIFA Official Website, December 2005; Football Writers Association: FWA Footballer of the Year; Various sources compiled into Wikipedia's List of Formula One World Drivers' Champions; Wikipedia: List of International Cricket Council members; UEFA Country Ranking 2011; The Golden Book of the Olympic Games; Wikipedia: 1999 World Championships in Athletics; ESPN, FIFA Official Website, NationMaster
"France Sports Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/France/Sports
"France Sports Stats, NationMaster." 1906-2012. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/France/Sports>.
'France Sports Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/France/Sports> [assessed 1906-2012]
"France Sports Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1906-2012. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/France/Sports>.
"France Sports Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1906-2012.
"France Sports Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/France/Sports (assessed 1906-2012)
"France Sports Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/France/Sports (last visited 1906-2012)
"France Sports Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/France/Sports (as of 1906-2012)