- Cannabis use: Percentage share of people who have used cannabis, generally including people 15 and above. Different nations have, however, focussed their studies on different age groups. United States and Netherlands: data for years 12 and above. Greece: Data for ages 12 to 64. Australia: data for ages 14 and above. United Kingdom: data for ages 16 to 59. Germany: data for ages 18-59. Denmark and France: data for ages 18 to 69. Data for 1998 or 1999 in most cases. Germany, Poland, and Spain: data for 1997. Austria: data for 1996. Denmark, France and Ireland: data for 1995.
- Food and drink > Alcohol > Consumption > Current: Alcohol consumption - Litres per capita by population aged above 15. (Data for 2003).
- Food and drink > Beer > Consumption: Litres of beer consumed per person per year (2002).
- Food and drink > Bottled water > Consumption: Consumption of bottled water. Litres per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Coffee > Consumption: Kilograms of coffee consumed per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Exports: Food comprises the commodities in SITC sections 0 (food and live animals), 1 (beverages and tobacco), and 4 (animal and vegetable oils and fats) and SITC division 22 (oil seeds, oil nuts, and oil kernels)."
- Food and drink > Fruit juice > Consumption: Consumption of fruit juices. Litres per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Pork > Consumption per capita: Measures taken in 1997 and based on carcass weight. Selected Nations only.
- Food and drink > Soft drink > Consumption: Consumption of carbonated soft drinks. Litres per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Subway resturants: Number of Subway resturants by country
- Food and drink > Tea > Consumption: Kilograms of tea consumed per person per year, 2002.
- Food and drink > Wine > Consumption: Litres of wine consumed per person per year (2002).
- Life satisfaction: Most scores are based on responses to the following question: "All things considered, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your life-as-a-whole now? 1 dissatisfied to10 satisfied" (item code O-SLW/c/sq/n/10/a). Scores of ten nations are based on responses to a somewhat different question: "Suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you and the bottom of the ladder the worst possible life. Where on this ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?" The response was rated on a ladder scale ranging from 0 to 10 (item code O-BW/c/sq/l/11/c). We transformed the scores using the information of nations in which both this item and the above question on life-satisfaction had been used in about the same years.
- Quality of life index: Quality of Life Index is an estimation of overall quality of life by using empirical formula (the formula is an our opinion and it's based on experiments). The actual formula might be changed. Currently, we put the highest weight to pollution - if the environment is polluted too much, the economy or safety cannot fulfill it. We put the second highest importance to safety, since it is more important to feel safe rather than wealthy, in our opinion. etc. The number 65 is added so that the numbers are in such range so it rarely goes under zero (65 is a range modifier).
- Roller coasters: Number of roller coasters in each country. Includes both wooden and steel constructions.
SOURCES: OECD; OECD Health Data 2005; Global Market Information Database, published by Euromonitor; World Bank staff estimates from the Comtrade database maintained by the United Nations Statistics Division.; USDA Census of Agriculture; Subway, 2006.; World Database of Happiness, Happiness in Nations, Rank Report 2004/1Â Average happiness in 90 nations 1990-2000; quality of life; The Roller Coaster Database, 2006.
"Germany Lifestyle Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Germany/Lifestyle
"Germany Lifestyle Stats, NationMaster." 1960-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Germany/Lifestyle>.
'Germany Lifestyle Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Germany/Lifestyle> [assessed 1960-2014]
"Germany Lifestyle Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1960-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Germany/Lifestyle>.
"Germany Lifestyle Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1960-2014.
"Germany Lifestyle Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Germany/Lifestyle (assessed 1960-2014)
"Germany Lifestyle Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Germany/Lifestyle (last visited 1960-2014)
"Germany Lifestyle Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Germany/Lifestyle (as of 1960-2014)