- Area > Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Area > Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Area > Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Area > Water: Total water area in square kilometers
- Climate: A brief description of typical weather regimes throughout the year.
- Coastline: The total length of the boundary between the land area (including islands) and the sea.
- Elevation extremes > Highest point: Highest point above sea level
- Elevation extremes > Lowest point: This entry is derived from Geography > Elevation extremes, which includes both the highest point and the lowest point.
- Note: This entry includes miscellaneous geographic information of significance not included elsewhere.
- Location: The country's regional location, neighboring countries, and adjacent bodies of water.
- Map references: The name of the CIA World Factbook reference map on which a country may be found. The entry on Geographic coordinates may be helpful in finding some smaller countries.
- Maritime claims > Exclusive economic zone: Exclusive economic zone (EEZ) - the LOS Convention (Part V) defines the EEZ as a zone beyond and adjacent to the territorial sea in which a coastal State has: sovereign rights for the purpose of exploring and exploiting, conserving and managing the natura
- Maritime claims > Territorial sea: territorial sea - the sovereignty of a coastal State extends beyond its land territory and internal waters to an adjacent belt of sea, described as the territorial sea in the LOS Convention (Part II); this sovereignty extends to the air space over the territorial sea as well as its underlying seabed and subsoil; every State has the right to establish the breadth of its territorial sea up to a limit not exceeding 12 nautical miles. A full and definitive definition can be found in the Law of the Sea (LOS) Convention.
- Natural resources: A country's mineral, petroleum, hydropower, and other resources of commercial importance.
- Terrain: A brief description of the topography
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography
"Mayotte Geography Stats, NationMaster." 1961-2011. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography>.
'Mayotte Geography Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography> [assessed 1961-2011]
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1961-2011. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography>.
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1961-2011.
"Mayotte Geography Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography (assessed 1961-2011)
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography (last visited 1961-2011)
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography (as of 1961-2011)