- Area > Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Area > Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Area > Land > Per capita: Total land area in square kilometres Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Area > Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Area > Water: Total water area in square kilometers
- Climate: A brief description of typical weather regimes throughout the year.
- Coastline: The total length of the boundary between the land area (including islands) and the sea.
- Elevation extremes > Highest point: Highest point above sea level
- Elevation extremes > Lowest point: This entry is derived from Geography > Elevation extremes, which includes both the highest point and the lowest point.
- Geographic coordinates: This entry includes rounded latitude and longitude figures for the purpose of finding the approximate geographic center of an entity and is based on the Gazetteer of Conventional Names, Third Edition, August 1988, US Board on Geographic Names and on other sources.
- Location: The country's regional location, neighboring countries, and adjacent bodies of water.
- Maritime claims > Territorial sea: territorial sea - the sovereignty of a coastal State extends beyond its land territory and internal waters to an adjacent belt of sea, described as the territorial sea in the LOS Convention (Part II); this sovereignty extends to the air space over the territorial sea as well as its underlying seabed and subsoil; every State has the right to establish the breadth of its territorial sea up to a limit not exceeding 12 nautical miles. A full and definitive definition can be found in the Law of the Sea (LOS) Convention.
- Natural resources: A country's mineral, petroleum, hydropower, and other resources of commercial importance.
- Population density > People per sq. km: Population density is midyear population divided by land area in square kilometers. Population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship--except for refugees not permanently settled in the country of asylum, who are generally considered part of the population of their country of origin. Land area is a country's total area, excluding area under inland water bodies, national claims to continental shelf, and exclusive economic zones. In most cases the definition of inland water bodies includes major rivers and lakes.
- Terrain: A brief description of the topography
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography
"Mayotte Geography Stats, NationMaster." 1961-2011. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography>.
'Mayotte Geography Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography> [assessed 1961-2011]
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1961-2011. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography>.
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1961-2011.
"Mayotte Geography Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography (assessed 1961-2011)
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography (last visited 1961-2011)
"Mayotte Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mayotte/Geography (as of 1961-2011)