- Area > Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Area > Comparative to US places: This entry provides an area comparison based on total area equivalents. Most entities are compared with the entire US or one of the 50 states based on area measurements (1990 revised) provided by the US Bureau of the Census. The smaller entities are compared with Washington, DC (178 sq km, 69 sq mi) or The Mall in Washington, DC (0.59 sq km, 0.23 sq mi, 146 acres).
- Area > Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Area > Land > Per capita: Total land area in square kilometres Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Area > Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Average precipitation in depth > Mm per year: Average precipitation in depth (mm per year). Average precipitation is the long-term average in depth (over space and time) of annual precipitation in the country. Precipitation is defined as any kind of water that falls from clouds as a liquid or a solid.
- Average rainfall in depth > Mm per year: Average rainfall is the long-term average in depth (over space and time) of annual precipitation in the country. Precipitation is defined as any kind of water that falls from clouds as a liquid or a solid.
- Climate: A brief description of typical weather regimes throughout the year.
- Geographic coordinates: This entry includes rounded latitude and longitude figures for the purpose of finding the approximate geographic center of an entity and is based on the Gazetteer of Conventional Names, Third Edition, August 1988, US Board on Geographic Names and on other sources.
- Land area > Sq. km: Land area is a country's total area, excluding area under inland water bodies, national claims to continental shelf, and exclusive economic zones. In most cases the definition of inland water bodies includes major rivers and lakes."
- Land area > Square miles: Country land area.
- Location: The country's regional location, neighboring countries, and adjacent bodies of water.
- Natural resources: A country's mineral, petroleum, hydropower, and other resources of commercial importance.
- Surface area > Sq. km: Surface area is a country's total area, including areas under inland bodies of water and some coastal waterways.
- Terrain: A brief description of the topography
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Food and Agriculture Organization; Food and Agriculture Organisation, electronic files and web site.; British Broadcasting Corporation 2014; World Development Indicators database
"Mongolia Geography Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mongolia/Geography
"Mongolia Geography Stats, NationMaster." 1960-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mongolia/Geography>.
'Mongolia Geography Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mongolia/Geography> [assessed 1960-2014]
"Mongolia Geography Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1960-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mongolia/Geography>.
"Mongolia Geography Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1960-2014.
"Mongolia Geography Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mongolia/Geography (assessed 1960-2014)
"Mongolia Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mongolia/Geography (last visited 1960-2014)
"Mongolia Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Mongolia/Geography (as of 1960-2014)
- Mongolia ranked first for area > land > per capita amongst Landlocked countries in 2008.
- Mongolia ranked second for area > land per 1000 globally in 2008.
- Mongolia has ranked second last for population density > people per sq. km since 1961.
- Mongolia ranked #4 for area > total amongst East Asia and Pacific in 2013.
- Mongolia ranked 5th last for land use > arable land amongst Cold countries in 2013.
- Mongolia has ranked #2 in land area > sq. km > per capita since 1961.
The average annual precipitation in Mongolia is 217mm per year (an average of 18mm per month). Most of the rainfall in Mongolia occurs in June, July and August. Regional variations also exist with the lowest seasonal rainfall in the southwest and the highest rainfall in the northeast.