- Air force > Combat aircraft: Number of fighter aircrafts (fixed wing aircrafts with combat capability).
- Army > Attack helicopters: Number of attack helicopter (includes helicopters that have some attacking capabilities).
- Army > Main battle tanks: Number of main battle tanks.
- Battle-related deaths > Number of people: Battle-related deaths (number of people). Battle-related deaths are deaths in battle-related conflicts between warring parties in the conflict dyad (two conflict units that are parties to a conflict). Typically, battle-related deaths occur in warfare involving the armed forces of the warring parties. This includes traditional battlefield fighting, guerrilla activities, and all kinds of bombardments of military units, cities, and villages, etc. The targets are usually the military itself and its installations or state institutions and state representatives, but there is often substantial collateral damage in the form of civilians being killed in crossfire, in indiscriminate bombings, etc. All deaths--military as well as civilian--incurred in such situations, are counted as battle-related deaths.
- Budget: Annual defense budget in billion USD.
- Global Peace Index: The Global Peace Index is comprised of 22 indicators in the three categories ongoing domestic or international conflicts; societal safety; and security and militarization. A low index value indicates a peaceful and safe country.
- Military service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of service obligation.
- Navy > Aircraft carriers: Number of aircraft carriers.
- Navy > Corvette warships: Number of corvettes.
- Navy > Frigates: Number of frigates.
- Navy > Submarines: Number of patrol boats (includes minesweepers).
- Nuclear weapons > Nuclear warheads: Total nuclear warheads.
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- Service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of sevice obligation.
- WMD > Nuclear: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of nuclear weapons
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries by level of military equipment (List); Uppsala Conflict Data Program, http://www.pcr.uu.se/research/UCDP/.; http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index, Global Rankings. Vision of Humanity.; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/nukes/nuclearweapons/nukestatus.html, April 2014; Wikipedia: List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel (The list); All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; The Nuclear Threat Initiative
"United States Military Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Military
"United States Military Stats, NationMaster." 1949-2029. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Military>.
'United States Military Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Military> [assessed 1949-2029]
"United States Military Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1949-2029. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Military>.
"United States Military Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1949-2029.
"United States Military Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Military (assessed 1949-2029)
"United States Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Military (last visited 1949-2029)
"United States Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/United-States/Military (as of 1949-2029)
Did you know
United States Military Profiles (Subcategories)
- United States ranked first for manpower fit for military service > males age 16-49 amongst Christian countries in 2013.
We may have to colonize other planets soon, I mean, we will! We're running out of land here on Earth, at a rapid pace.
Fighting other countries is just fighting over something that will one day run out anyway, its quite stupid in my opinion.