×

Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Education: Countries Compared

DEFINITION: Percentage education counts for in the country's total Multidimensional Poverty Index (UN). For instance, education is only 31% of Senegal's poverty issues, while the remaining 69% is for living standards and health. Cross country comparisons based off these numbers aren't an accurate telling of how poor education is between countries, but rather how much of an issue poor education is in each country.

CONTENTS

# COUNTRY AMOUNT DATE GRAPH HISTORY
1 Uruguay 96% 2003
2 United Arab Emirates 94.4% 2003
3 Estonia 91.2% 2003
4 Russia 84.2% 2003
5 Ecuador 78.6% 2003
6 China 64.8% 2002
7 Republic of Macedonia 59.9% 2005
8 Guatemala 57.2% 2003
9 Jordan 49.6% 2009
10 Egypt 48.1% 2008
11 Iraq 47.5% 2006
12 Syria 45.4% 2006
13 Croatia 45% 2003
14 Turkey 42.3% 2003
15 Argentina 41.9% 2005
16 Chad 40.9% 2003
17 Thailand 40.7% 2006
18 Bhutan 40.4% 2010
19 Dominican Republic 39.1% 2007
20 Brazil 39% 2006
21 Mexico 38.6% 2006
22 Djibouti 38.3% 2006
23 Honduras 38% 2006
24 Montenegro 37.5% 2006
25 Kyrgyzstan 36.6% 2006
26 Burkina Faso 36.2% 2010
27 Suriname 36.1% 2006
=28 Guinea 35.5% 2005
=28 Morocco 35.5% 2007
30 Niger 35.4% 2006
31 Paraguay 35.1% 2003
32 Mali 34.5% 2006
33 Madagascar 34.3% 2009
34 Somalia 34.2% 2006
35 Palestine 33.9% 2007
36 Benin 33.6% 2006
37 Gambia 33.5% 2006
38 Laos 33.1% 2006
39 Vietnam 32.8% 2011
40 Ghana 32.1% 2008
=41 Mauritania 32% 2007
=41 Albania 32% 2009
=41 Cote d'Ivoire 32% 2005
=44 Colombia 31.8% 2010
=44 Senegal 31.8% 2011
=46 Sierra Leone 31.5% 2008
=46 Burundi 31.5% 2005
48 Pakistan 30.8% 2007
49 Serbia 30.5% 2006
=50 Liberia 29.7% 2007
=50 Vanuatu 29.7% 2007
52 Bosnia and Herzegovina 29.2% 2006
53 Sao Tome and Principe 28.8% 2009
54 Togo 28.3% 2006
55 Nicaragua 27.9% 2007
=56 Nigeria 27% 2008
=56 Yemen 27% 2006
=56 Haiti 27% 2006
59 Ethiopia 25.9% 2011
60 Armenia 25.8% 2010
61 Cameroon 25.7% 2004
62 Tunisia 25% 2003
63 Moldova 24.7% 2005
64 Azerbaijan 24.4% 2006
65 Mozambique 23.9% 2009
=66 Georgia 23.2% 2005
=66 Uzbekistan 23.2% 2006
68 Belize 22.8% 2006
69 Cambodia 22.1% 2010
70 Lesotho 21.9% 2009
=71 Nepal 21.8% 2011
=71 India 21.8% 2006
73 East Timor 21.3% 2010
74 Bolivia 19.8% 2008
=75 Malawi 19.5% 2010
=75 Rwanda 19.5% 2010
=77 Tajikistan 18.7% 2005
=77 Bangladesh 18.7% 2007
79 Peru 18.6% 2008
80 Tanzania 18.3% 2010
81 Democratic Republic of the Congo 18% 2010
82 Zambia 17.5% 2007
83 Guyana 17.4% 2009
84 Swaziland 16.7% 2010
85 Belarus 16.6% 2005
86 Philippines 15.8% 2008
87 Indonesia 15.7% 2007
88 Uganda 15.6% 2011
89 Mongolia 15.4% 2005
90 Namibia 15.1% 2007
91 Kazakhstan 14.6% 2006
92 Maldives 13.6% 2009
93 Kenya 12.7% 2009
94 Zimbabwe 10.2% 2011
95 South Africa 7.5% 2008
96 Sri Lanka 6.3% 2003
97 Ukraine 4.7% 2007
98 Hungary 1.8% 2003
99 Trinidad and Tobago 1.3% 2006
=100 Slovakia 0.0 2003
=100 Slovenia 0.0 2003
=100 Czech Republic 0.0 2003
=100 Latvia 0.0 2003

Citation

"All countries compared for Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Education", United Nations Development Programme. Source tables. Aggregates compiled by NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/Poverty-and-inequality/Causes-of-poverty/Education

Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Education: Countries Compared Map

NationMaster

Interesting observations about Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Education

Follow us on Facebook to get interesting stats: