×

Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Health: Countries Compared

DEFINITION: Percentage health counts for in the country's total Multidimensional Poverty Index (UN). For instance, health is 40% of Senegal's poverty issues, while the remaining 60% is for living standards and education. Cross country comparisons based off these numbers aren't an accurate telling of how bad health issues are between countries, but rather how much of an issue health concerns are in each country.

CONTENTS

# COUNTRY AMOUNT DATE GRAPH HISTORY
1 Czech Republic 99.9% 2003
2 Hungary 95.6% 2003
3 Trinidad and Tobago 94.3% 2006
4 Ukraine 91.1% 2007
5 Latvia 88% 2003
6 Maldives 81.1% 2009
7 Armenia 64.8% 2010
8 Belarus 61.8% 2005
9 Kazakhstan 56.8% 2006
10 Philippines 56.5% 2008
11 Uzbekistan 55.7% 2006
12 Palestine 55.3% 2007
13 Bosnia and Herzegovina 51.8% 2006
14 Indonesia 50.6% 2007
15 South Africa 50.5% 2008
16 Guyana 50.4% 2009
17 Azerbaijan 49.4% 2006
18 Montenegro 47.6% 2006
19 Jordan 47.4% 2009
20 Tunisia 47.3% 2003
21 Croatia 46.7% 2003
22 Tajikistan 45% 2005
23 Albania 44.9% 2009
24 Syria 42.7% 2006
25 Senegal 40.6% 2011
26 Yemen 40.5% 2006
27 Brazil 40.2% 2006
28 Serbia 40.1% 2006
29 Cote d'Ivoire 38.7% 2005
30 Turkey 38.4% 2003
31 Pakistan 37.9% 2007
32 Egypt 37.3% 2008
33 Kyrgyzstan 36.9% 2006
34 Mozambique 36.2% 2009
35 Belize 35.8% 2006
36 India 35.7% 2006
37 Sri Lanka 35.4% 2003
38 Bangladesh 34.5% 2007
39 Moldova 34.3% 2005
40 Uganda 34.1% 2011
41 Georgia 33.8% 2005
42 Nepal 33.7% 2011
43 Zimbabwe 33.6% 2011
44 Colombia 33.5% 2010
45 Cambodia 32.7% 2010
46 Nigeria 32.2% 2008
47 Iraq 32.1% 2006
48 Thailand 31.2% 2006
=49 East Timor 31% 2010
=49 Namibia 31% 2007
51 Rwanda 30.9% 2010
52 Gambia 30.7% 2006
53 Kenya 30.1% 2009
54 Swaziland 29.9% 2010
=55 Burkina Faso 27.9% 2010
=55 Mongolia 27.9% 2005
=55 Laos 27.9% 2006
=55 Zambia 27.9% 2007
59 Ethiopia 27.6% 2011
=60 Morocco 27.5% 2007
=60 Sao Tome and Principe 27.5% 2009
=60 Bolivia 27.5% 2008
63 Malawi 27.1% 2010
64 Tanzania 26.4% 2010
65 Mali 26.2% 2006
66 Togo 25.4% 2006
=67 Benin 25.1% 2006
=67 Vietnam 25.1% 2011
=67 Democratic Republic of the Congo 25.1% 2010
70 Liberia 25% 2007
71 Djibouti 24.6% 2006
72 Cameroon 24.5% 2004
73 Mexico 23.9% 2006
74 Guinea 23% 2005
75 Dominican Republic 22.6% 2007
76 Burundi 22.4% 2005
77 Mauritania 21.6% 2007
=78 Niger 21.5% 2006
=78 Haiti 21.5% 2006
80 Bhutan 21.2% 2010
81 Peru 20.8% 2008
82 Ghana 19.5% 2008
83 Sierra Leone 19.3% 2008
84 Paraguay 19% 2003
85 Lesotho 18.9% 2009
86 Suriname 18.8% 2006
87 Somalia 18.6% 2006
88 Honduras 18.5% 2006
89 Vanuatu 17.3% 2007
90 Madagascar 16.7% 2009
91 Nicaragua 13.6% 2007
92 Argentina 12.9% 2005
93 Republic of Macedonia 12.8% 2005
94 Guatemala 10% 2003
95 China 9.9% 2002
96 Chad 4.6% 2003
97 Ecuador 3.3% 2003
98 Russia 2.5% 2003
99 Estonia 1.2% 2003
100 Uruguay 0.6% 2003
101 United Arab Emirates 0.4% 2003
=102 Slovakia 0.0 2003
=102 Slovenia 0.0 2003

Citation

"All countries compared for Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Health", United Nations Development Programme. Source tables. Aggregates compiled by NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/Poverty-and-inequality/Causes-of-poverty/Health

Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Health: Countries Compared Map

NationMaster

Interesting observations about Economy > Poverty and inequality > Causes of poverty > Health

Follow us on Facebook to get interesting stats: