- Administrative divisions: This entry generally gives the numbers, designatory terms, and first-order administrative divisions as approved by the US Board on Geographic Names (BGN). Changes that have been reported but not yet acted on by BGN are noted.
- Capital city > Geographic coordinates: This entry gives the name of the seat of government, its geographic coordinates, the time difference relative to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and the time observed in Washington, DC, and, if applicable, information on daylight saving time (DST). Where appropriate, a special note has been added to highlight those countries that have multiple time zones.
- Constitution: The dates of adoption, revisions, and major amendments to a nation's constitution
- Executive branch > Cabinet: Cabinet includes the official name for any body of high-ranking advisers roughly comparable to a U.S. Cabinet. Also notes the method for selection of members.
- Executive branch > Elections: Elections includes the nature of election process or accession to power, date of the last election, and date of the next election
- Government corruption rating: Transparency, accountability, and corruption in the public sector assess the extent to which the executive can be held accountable for its use of funds and for the results of its actions by the electorate and by the legislature and judiciary, and the extent to which public employees within the executive are required to account for administrative decisions, use of resources, and results obtained. The three main dimensions assessed here are the accountability of the executive to oversight institutions and of public employees for their performance, access of civil society to information on public affairs, and state capture by narrow vested interests."
- Government type: A description of the basic form of government (e.g., republic, constitutional monarchy, federal republic, parliamentary democracy, military dictatorship).
- Independence: For most countries, this entry gives the date that sovereignty was achieved and from which nation, empire, or trusteeship. For the other countries, the date given may not represent "independence" in the strict sense, but rather some significant nationhood event such as the traditional founding date or the date of unification, federation, confederation, establishment, fundamental change in the form of government, or state succession. Dependent areas include the notation "none" followed by the nature of their dependency status. "
- International organization participation: This entry lists in alphabetical order by abbreviation those international organizations in which the subject country is a member or participates in some other way.
- Judicial branch: The name(s) of the highest court(s) and a brief description of the selection process for members.
- Legal system: A brief description of the legal system's historical roots, role in government, and acceptance of International Court of Justice (ICJ) jurisdiction.
- Legislative branch: This entry contains information on the structure (unicameral, bicameral, tricameral), formal name, number of seats, and term of office. Elections includes the nature of election process or accession to power, date of the last election, and date of the next election. Election results includes the percent of vote and/or number of seats held by each party in the last election.
- Political parties and leaders: Significant political organizations and their leaders.
- Political pressure groups and leaders: Organizations with leaders involved in politics, but not standing for legislative election.
- Suffrage: The age at enfranchisement and whether the right to vote is universal or restricted
"Bhutan Government Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Bhutan/Government
"Bhutan Government Stats, NationMaster." 1907-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Bhutan/Government>.
'Bhutan Government Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Bhutan/Government> [assessed 1907-2014]
"Bhutan Government Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1907-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Bhutan/Government>.
"Bhutan Government Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1907-2014.
"Bhutan Government Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Bhutan/Government (assessed 1907-2014)
"Bhutan Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Bhutan/Government (last visited 1907-2014)
"Bhutan Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Bhutan/Government (as of 1907-2014)