- Air transport > Passengers carried: Air passengers carried include both domestic and international aircraft passengers of air carriers registered in the country.
- Airports: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control.
- Airports > Per capita: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control. Per capita figures expressed per 1 million population.
- Airports > With paved runways > Total: Total number of airports with paved runways (concrete or asphalt surfaces)
- Heliports: Total number of established helicopter take-off and landing sites (which may or may not have fuel or other services).
- Inefficiency index: Each country's inefficiency rating in regards to traffic. Long commute times, poor traffic laws and other factors are taken into consideration.
- Motor vehicles: Motor vehicles per 1,000 people
- Ports and terminals: This entry lists major ports and terminals primarily on the basis of the amount of cargo tonnage shipped through the facilities on an annual basis. In some instances, the number of containers handled or ship visits were also considered.
- Railways > Total: This entry states the total route length of the railway network and of its component parts by gauge: broad, dual, narrow, standard, and other.
- Road > Motorway length: Total network length of all motorways in km.
- Road network length > Km: Length of road network in kilometers in European Union countries.
- Roads > Traffic index: Traffic Index is a composite index of time consumed in traffic due to job commute, estimation of time consumption dissatisfaction, CO2 consumption estimation in traffic and overall inefficiencies in the traffic system.
- Roadways > Total: This entry gives the total length of the road network and includes the length of the paved and unpaved portions.
- Roadways > Unpaved: This entry gives the total length of the road network and includes the length of the paved and unpaved portions.
- Waterways: The total length and individual names of navigable rivers, canals, and other inland bodies of water.
SOURCES: International Civil Aviation Organisation, Civil Aviation Statistics of the World and ICAO staff estimates.; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; Numbeo traffic inefficiency index; United Nations World Statistics Pocketbook and Statistical Yearbook; https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2085.html, Roadways.; traffic
"India Transport Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/India/Transport
"India Transport Stats, NationMaster." 1970-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/India/Transport>.
'India Transport Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/India/Transport> [assessed 1970-2014]
"India Transport Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1970-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/India/Transport>.
"India Transport Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1970-2014.
"India Transport Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/India/Transport (assessed 1970-2014)
"India Transport Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/India/Transport (last visited 1970-2014)
"India Transport Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/India/Transport (as of 1970-2014)