- Administrative divisions: This entry generally gives the numbers, designatory terms, and first-order administrative divisions as approved by the US Board on Geographic Names (BGN). Changes that have been reported but not yet acted on by BGN are noted.
- Capital city > Geographic coordinates: This entry gives the name of the seat of government, its geographic coordinates, the time difference relative to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and the time observed in Washington, DC, and, if applicable, information on daylight saving time (DST). Where appropriate, a special note has been added to highlight those countries that have multiple time zones.
- Capital city > Name: This entry gives the name of the seat of government, its geographic coordinates, the time difference relative to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and the time observed in Washington, DC, and, if applicable, information on daylight saving time (DST). Where appropriate, a special note has been added to highlight those countries that have multiple time zones.
- Constitution: The dates of adoption, revisions, and major amendments to a nation's constitution
- Executive branch > Cabinet: Cabinet includes the official name for any body of high-ranking advisers roughly comparable to a U.S. Cabinet. Also notes the method for selection of members.
- Executive branch > Head of government: Head of government includes the name and title of the top administrative leader who is designated to manage the day-to-day activities of the government. For example, in the UK, the monarch is the chief of state, and the prime minister is the head of government. In the US, the president is both the chief of state and the head of government.
- Government corruption rating: Transparency, accountability, and corruption in the public sector assess the extent to which the executive can be held accountable for its use of funds and for the results of its actions by the electorate and by the legislature and judiciary, and the extent to which public employees within the executive are required to account for administrative decisions, use of resources, and results obtained. The three main dimensions assessed here are the accountability of the executive to oversight institutions and of public employees for their performance, access of civil society to information on public affairs, and state capture by narrow vested interests."
- Government type: A description of the basic form of government (e.g., republic, constitutional monarchy, federal republic, parliamentary democracy, military dictatorship).
- International organization participation: This entry lists in alphabetical order by abbreviation those international organizations in which the subject country is a member or participates in some other way.
- Judicial branch: The name(s) of the highest court(s) and a brief description of the selection process for members.
- Legal system: A brief description of the legal system's historical roots, role in government, and acceptance of International Court of Justice (ICJ) jurisdiction.
- Legislative branch: This entry contains information on the structure (unicameral, bicameral, tricameral), formal name, number of seats, and term of office. Elections includes the nature of election process or accession to power, date of the last election, and date of the next election. Election results includes the percent of vote and/or number of seats held by each party in the last election.
- Political parties and leaders: Significant political organizations and their leaders.
- Political pressure groups and leaders: Organizations with leaders involved in politics, but not standing for legislative election.
- Suffrage: The age at enfranchisement and whether the right to vote is universal or restricted
"Saint Lucia Government Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Saint-Lucia/Government
"Saint Lucia Government Stats, NationMaster." 1979-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Saint-Lucia/Government>.
'Saint Lucia Government Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Saint-Lucia/Government> [assessed 1979-2014]
"Saint Lucia Government Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1979-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Saint-Lucia/Government>.
"Saint Lucia Government Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1979-2014.
"Saint Lucia Government Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Saint-Lucia/Government (assessed 1979-2014)
"Saint Lucia Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Saint-Lucia/Government (last visited 1979-2014)
"Saint Lucia Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Saint-Lucia/Government (as of 1979-2014)
Saint Lucia Government Profiles (Subcategories)
- Saint Lucia ranked first for government corruption rating amongst Hot countries in 2009.