- Air force > Combat aircraft: Number of fighter aircrafts (fixed wing aircrafts with combat capability).
- Army > Attack helicopters: Number of attack helicopter (includes helicopters that have some attacking capabilities).
- Army > Main battle tanks: Number of main battle tanks.
- Budget: Annual defense budget in billion USD.
- Expenditures > Percent of GDP: Current military expenditures as an estimated percent of gross domestic product (GDP).
- Global Peace Index: The Global Peace Index is comprised of 22 indicators in the three categories ongoing domestic or international conflicts; societal safety; and security and militarization. A low index value indicates a peaceful and safe country.
- Military service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of service obligation.
- Navy > Aircraft carriers: Number of aircraft carriers.
- Navy > Corvette warships: Number of corvettes.
- Navy > Submarines: Number of patrol boats (includes minesweepers).
- Personnel > Per capita: Armed forces personnel are active duty military personnel, including paramilitary forces if the training, organization, equipment, and control suggest they may be used to support or replace regular military forces. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of sevice obligation.
- WMD > Missile: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of missile weapons of mass destruction
- WMD > Nuclear: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of nuclear weapons
- War deaths: Battle-related deaths are deaths in battle-related conflicts between warring parties in the conflict dyad (two conflict units that are parties to a conflict). Typically, battle-related deaths occur in warfare involving the armed forces of the warring parties. This includes traditional battlefield fighting, guerrilla activities, and all kinds of bombardments of military units, cities, and villages, etc. The targets are usually the military itself and its installations or state institutions and state representatives, but there is often substantial collateral damage in the form of civilians being killed in crossfire, in indiscriminate bombings, etc. All deaths--military as well as civilian--incurred in such situations, are counted as battle-related deaths."
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries by level of military equipment (List); All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index, Global Rankings. Vision of Humanity.; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; World Development Indicators database; The Nuclear Threat Initiative; Uppsala Conflict Data Program, http://www.pcr.uu.se/research/ucdp/.
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military
"Brazil Military Stats, NationMaster." 1960-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military>.
'Brazil Military Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military> [assessed 1960-2014]
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1960-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military>.
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1960-2014.
"Brazil Military Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military (assessed 1960-2014)
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military (last visited 1960-2014)
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military (as of 1960-2014)
- Brazil ranked second for manpower fit for military service > males age 16-49 amongst Christian countries in 2013.
- Brazil ranked first for manpower reaching militarily significant age annually > males amongst Catholic countries in 2013.