- Air force > Combat aircraft: Number of fighter aircrafts (fixed wing aircrafts with combat capability).
- Army > Attack helicopters: Number of attack helicopter (includes helicopters that have some attacking capabilities).
- Army > Main battle tanks: Number of main battle tanks.
- Budget: Annual defense budget in billion USD.
- Global Peace Index: The Global Peace Index is comprised of 22 indicators in the three categories ongoing domestic or international conflicts; societal safety; and security and militarization. A low index value indicates a peaceful and safe country.
- Military expenditures: This entry gives spending on defense programs for the most recent year available as a percent of gross domestic product (GDP); the GDP is calculated on an exchange rate basis, i.e., not in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP). For countries with no military forces, this figure can include expenditures on public security and police.
- Military service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of service obligation.
- Navy > Aircraft carriers: Number of aircraft carriers.
- Navy > Corvette warships: Number of corvettes.
- Navy > Frigates: Number of frigates.
- Navy > Submarines: Number of patrol boats (includes minesweepers).
- Service age and obligation: This entry gives the required ages for voluntary or conscript military service and the length of sevice obligation.
- WMD > Missile: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of missile weapons of mass destruction
- WMD > Nuclear: A description of the nation's situation with regards to the possession and manufacture of nuclear weapons
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries by level of military equipment (List); http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index, Global Rankings. Vision of Humanity.; CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; CIA World Factbooks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; The Nuclear Threat Initiative
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military
"Brazil Military Stats, NationMaster." 1960-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military>.
'Brazil Military Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military> [assessed 1960-2014]
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1960-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military>.
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1960-2014.
"Brazil Military Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military (assessed 1960-2014)
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military (last visited 1960-2014)
"Brazil Military Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Military (as of 1960-2014)
- Brazil ranked second for manpower fit for military service > males age 16-49 amongst Christian countries in 2013.
- Brazil ranked first for manpower reaching militarily significant age annually > males amongst Catholic countries in 2013.