- Airports: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control.
- Airports > Per capita: Total number of airports. Runways must be useable, but may be unpaved. May not have facilities for refuelling, maintenance, or air traffic control. Per capita figures expressed per 1 million population.
- Airports > With paved runways > Total: Total number of airports with paved runways (concrete or asphalt surfaces)
- Commute > Distance: Distance. Based on 0-50 contributions for Argentina, Armenia, Austria and 63 more countries and 50-100 contributions for Australia, Brazil, Germany and 5 more countries and over 100 contributions for Canada, India, and United States. The surveys were conducted by numbeo.com from January, 2011 to February, 2014. See this sample survey for the United States, respondents were asked "Distance".
- Inefficiency index: Each country's inefficiency rating in regards to traffic. Long commute times, poor traffic laws and other factors are taken into consideration.
- Motor vehicles > Per 1,000 people: Motor vehicles include cars, buses, and freight vehicles but do not include two-wheelers. Population refers to midyear population in the year for which data are available."
- Passenger cars > Per 1,000 people: Passenger cars refer to road motor vehicles, other than two-wheelers, intended for the carriage of passengers and designed to seat no more than nine people (including the driver)."
- Ports and terminals: This entry lists major ports and terminals primarily on the basis of the amount of cargo tonnage shipped through the facilities on an annual basis. In some instances, the number of containers handled or ship visits were also considered.
Road > Motor vehicles per 1000 people:
Motor vehicles per 1000 people.
No date was available from the Wikipedia article, so we used the date of retrieval.
- Road > Motorway length: Total network length of all motorways in km.
- Road density > Km of road per 100 sq. km of land area: Road density is the ratio of the length of the country's total road network to the country's land area. The road network includes all roads in the country: motorways, highways, main or national roads, secondary or regional roads, and other urban and rural roads."
- Road network length > Km: Length of road network in kilometers in European Union countries.
- Roads > Traffic index: Traffic Index is a composite index of time consumed in traffic due to job commute, estimation of time consumption dissatisfaction, CO2 consumption estimation in traffic and overall inefficiencies in the traffic system.
- Roadways > Unpaved: This entry gives the total length of the road network and includes the length of the paved and unpaved portions.
- Waterways: The total length and individual names of navigable rivers, canals, and other inland bodies of water.
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; traffic; Numbeo traffic inefficiency index; International Road Federation, World Road Statistics and data files.; Wikipedia: List of countries by vehicles per capita; https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2085.html, Roadways.; International Road Federation, World Road Statistics and electronic files, except where noted.
"Brazil Transport Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Transport
"Brazil Transport Stats, NationMaster." 1968-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Transport>.
'Brazil Transport Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Transport> [assessed 1968-2014]
"Brazil Transport Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1968-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Transport>.
"Brazil Transport Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1968-2014.
"Brazil Transport Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Transport (assessed 1968-2014)
"Brazil Transport Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Transport (last visited 1968-2014)
"Brazil Transport Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Brazil/Transport (as of 1968-2014)
- Brazil ranked first for airports amongst Hot countries in 2013.
- Brazil ranked second for airports > with paved runways > total amongst Christian countries in 2013.
- Brazil ranked first for roadways > total amongst Catholic countries in 2013.