- Administrative divisions: This entry generally gives the numbers, designatory terms, and first-order administrative divisions as approved by the US Board on Geographic Names (BGN). Changes that have been reported but not yet acted on by BGN are noted.
- Capital city > Geographic coordinates: This entry gives the name of the seat of government, its geographic coordinates, the time difference relative to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and the time observed in Washington, DC, and, if applicable, information on daylight saving time (DST). Where appropriate, a special note has been added to highlight those countries that have multiple time zones.
- Constitution: The dates of adoption, revisions, and major amendments to a nation's constitution
- Country name > Conventional short form: This entry is derived from Government > Country name, which includes all forms of the country's name approved by the US Board on Geographic Names (Italy is used as an example): conventional long form (Italian Republic), conventional short form (Italy), local long form (Repubblica Italiana), local short form (Italia), former (Kingdom of Italy), as well as the abbreviation. Also see the Terminology note.
- Diplomatic representation from the US > Mailing address: This entry includes the chief of mission, embassy address, mailing address, telephone number, FAX number, branch office locations, consulate general locations, and consulate locations.
- Executive branch > Cabinet: Cabinet includes the official name for any body of high-ranking advisers roughly comparable to a U.S. Cabinet. Also notes the method for selection of members.
- Flag description: A written flag description produced from actual flags or the best information available at the time the entry was written. The flags of independent states are used by their dependencies unless there is an officially recognized local flag. Some disputed and other areas do not have flags.
- Government type: A description of the basic form of government (e.g., republic, constitutional monarchy, federal republic, parliamentary democracy, military dictatorship).
- International organization participation: This entry lists in alphabetical order by abbreviation those international organizations in which the subject country is a member or participates in some other way.
- Judicial branch: The name(s) of the highest court(s) and a brief description of the selection process for members.
- Legal system: A brief description of the legal system's historical roots, role in government, and acceptance of International Court of Justice (ICJ) jurisdiction.
- Legislative branch: This entry contains information on the structure (unicameral, bicameral, tricameral), formal name, number of seats, and term of office. Elections includes the nature of election process or accession to power, date of the last election, and date of the next election. Election results includes the percent of vote and/or number of seats held by each party in the last election.
- Political parties and leaders: Significant political organizations and their leaders.
- Political pressure groups and leaders: Organizations with leaders involved in politics, but not standing for legislative election.
- Suffrage: The age at enfranchisement and whether the right to vote is universal or restricted
"Spain Government Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Spain/Government
"Spain Government Stats, NationMaster." 1955-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Spain/Government>.
'Spain Government Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Spain/Government> [assessed 1955-2014]
"Spain Government Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1955-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Spain/Government>.
"Spain Government Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1955-2014.
"Spain Government Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Spain/Government (assessed 1955-2014)
"Spain Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Spain/Government (last visited 1955-2014)
"Spain Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Spain/Government (as of 1955-2014)