- Administrative divisions: This entry generally gives the numbers, designatory terms, and first-order administrative divisions as approved by the US Board on Geographic Names (BGN). Changes that have been reported but not yet acted on by BGN are noted.
- Constitution: The dates of adoption, revisions, and major amendments to a nation's constitution
- Country name > Conventional long form: This entry is derived from Government > Country name, which includes all forms of the country's name approved by the US Board on Geographic Names (Italy is used as an example): conventional long form (Italian Republic), conventional short form (Italy), local long form (Repubblica Italiana), local short form (Italia), former (Kingdom of Italy), as well as the abbreviation. Also see the Terminology note.
- Executive branch > Cabinet: Cabinet includes the official name for any body of high-ranking advisers roughly comparable to a U.S. Cabinet. Also notes the method for selection of members.
- Executive branch > Elections: Elections includes the nature of election process or accession to power, date of the last election, and date of the next election
- Executive branch > Head of government: Head of government includes the name and title of the top administrative leader who is designated to manage the day-to-day activities of the government. For example, in the UK, the monarch is the chief of state, and the prime minister is the head of government. In the US, the president is both the chief of state and the head of government.
- Flag description: A written flag description produced from actual flags or the best information available at the time the entry was written. The flags of independent states are used by their dependencies unless there is an officially recognized local flag. Some disputed and other areas do not have flags.
- Government type: A description of the basic form of government (e.g., republic, constitutional monarchy, federal republic, parliamentary democracy, military dictatorship).
- International organization participation: This entry lists in alphabetical order by abbreviation those international organizations in which the subject country is a member or participates in some other way.
- Judicial branch: The name(s) of the highest court(s) and a brief description of the selection process for members.
- Legal system: A brief description of the legal system's historical roots, role in government, and acceptance of International Court of Justice (ICJ) jurisdiction.
- Legislative branch: This entry contains information on the structure (unicameral, bicameral, tricameral), formal name, number of seats, and term of office. Elections includes the nature of election process or accession to power, date of the last election, and date of the next election. Election results includes the percent of vote and/or number of seats held by each party in the last election.
- Political parties and leaders: Significant political organizations and their leaders.
- Political pressure groups and leaders: Organizations with leaders involved in politics, but not standing for legislative election.
- Suffrage: The age at enfranchisement and whether the right to vote is universal or restricted
"Tokelau Government Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tokelau/Government
"Tokelau Government Stats, NationMaster." 1840-2013. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tokelau/Government>.
'Tokelau Government Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tokelau/Government> [assessed 1840-2013]
"Tokelau Government Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1840-2013. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tokelau/Government>.
"Tokelau Government Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1840-2013.
"Tokelau Government Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tokelau/Government (assessed 1840-2013)
"Tokelau Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tokelau/Government (last visited 1840-2013)
"Tokelau Government Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tokelau/Government (as of 1840-2013)
Did you know
- Tokelau has had the highest democracy > gender parity index in primary level enrolment since 2003.
- Tokelau ranked #68 for education expenditure of government > as percentage of total government globally in 2003.