DEFINITION: This entry provides the total US dollar amount of merchandise imports on a c.i.f. (cost, insurance, and freight) or f.o.b. (free on board) basis. These figures are calculated on an exchange rate basis, i.e., not in purchasing power parity (PPP) terms. Figures expressed per capita for the same year.
Interesting observations about Economy > Trade > Imports per capita
- 22 of the top 27 countries by trade > imports per capita are Christian.
- Burundi has ranked last for trade > imports per capita since 2003.
- San Marino has had the highest trade > imports per capita since 2004.
- Hong Kong has ranked in the top 2 for trade > imports per capita since 2002.
- Singapore has ranked in the top 2 for trade > imports per capita since 2003.
- Cayman Islands has ranked in the top 2 for trade > imports per capita since 1999.
- Luxembourg has ranked in the top 3 for trade > imports per capita since 2005.
- Belgium has ranked in the top 5 for trade > imports per capita since 2001.
- Netherlands has ranked in the top 7 for trade > imports per capita since 2001.
- Switzerland has ranked in the top 6 for trade > imports per capita since 2006.