NATO countries: Statistical Profile
DEFINITION: Countries belonging to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, an alliance created to counter the Soviet and now Russian military threat.
Combined Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in US dollars.
Average GDP per capita. 2 times more than global average of $12,820.29
13.66 million sq km
Combined Land area.
NATO countries have high levels of:
- Economy > Budget > Revenues - 3 times more
- Geography > Area > Water - Twice as much
- People > Age structure > 65 years and over - 98% more
- Geography > Land use > Arable land - 93% more
- People > Death rate - 29% more
NATO countries have low levels of:
- People > Population growth rate - 8 times less
- Health > Infant mortality rate > Total - 4 times less
- People > Birth rate - 90% less
- People > Age structure > 0-14 years - 69% less
- People > Total fertility rate - 68% less