Heavily indebted countries: Statistical Profile
These countries tend to be wealthier than the average because richer, more stable countries are considered safer bets.
DEFINITION: Countries where public debt is over 60% of GDP.
Combined Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in US dollars.
Average GDP per capita. 64% more than global average of $12,820.29
24.83 million sq km
Combined Land area.
Heavily indebted countries have high levels of:
- Economy > Budget > Revenues - 3 times more
- Transport > Airports - 2 times more
- Geography > Area > Water - 2 times more
- People > Age structure > 65 years and over - 39% more
- Geography > Land use > Arable land - 20% more
Heavily indebted countries have low levels of:
- Health > Infant mortality rate > Total - 90% less
- People > Population growth rate - 35% less
- People > Birth rate - 23% less
- People > Total fertility rate - 21% less
- Economy > GDP > Composition by sector > Industry - 18% less