Tourist destinations: Statistical Profile
DEFINITION: Countries where there are more tourists in a given year than the resident population.
Combined Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in US dollars.
Average GDP per capita. 2 times more than global average of $12,820.29
2.39 million sq km
Combined Land area.
Tourist destinations have high levels of:
- People > Age structure > 65 years and over - 40% more
- Health > Life expectancy at birth > Total population - 10% more
- People > Sex ratio > Total population - 7% more
- People > Sex ratio > At birth - 1% more
- Geography > Land use > Arable land - 6% less