- Companies > Corporate governance (overall rating): Overall rating of each country's adherence to the corporate governance guidelines set forth in three prominent economical essays. The ratings are out of 10, with 10 meaning full adherence.
- Companies > International Asian supermarket brands: Most famous international Asian food brands from each country.
- Companies > Specific companies > Apple Store first opening: First opening of Apple Stores.
- Companies > Specific companies > Apple Stores: Countries compared by number of Apple stores located at its territory. The Apple campus, located in Cupertino (California) hosts not only the company headquartes, but the original Employee Store (now named Apple Company Store), which is the only place in the world where legitimate merchandise with the Apple logo (such as t-shirts, hats and the like) can be purchased. Another special case is China, that currently hosts 10 official Apple stores, but also numerous fake ones. These imitations try to mimic the look and feel of the orginal stores, with varying degrees of success. Other countries are known to host unauthorized stores too.
- Companies > Specific companies > Auchan > First store: Countries compared by the year in which the first Auchan store started operating in their territory. Groupe Auchan, based in Croix, France, is one of the principal distribution groups in the world, with 269,000 employees and presence in 12 countries. Additionally to these countries, the group was present in the U.S.A. from 1988 with several stores, but eventually all of them had losses and were sold.
- Companies > Specific companies > Auchan > Supermarkets: Countries compared by number of Auchan supermarkets operating in their territory. Groupe Auchan, based in Croix, France, is one of the principal distribution groups in the world, with 269,000 employees and presence in 12 countries. This list is only for supermarkets; you can check international Auchan hypermarkets, convenience stores and shopping centers in this table.
- Companies > Specific companies > Carrefour > First store: Year in which Carrefour first entered each country.
- Companies > Specific companies > Carrefour > Hard Discounters: Amount of shops of the type “hard discounter” Carrefour has per country. Carrefour's brands Dia, Ed and Minipreço are considered hard discounters.
- Companies > Specific companies > Carrefour > Hypermarkets: Amount of shops of the type “Hypermarket” Carrefour has per country. Carrefour’s brands Carrefour, Atacadão and Hyperstar make up the category Hypermarket.
- Companies > Specific companies > IKEA > Debut: The year in which the first IKEA opened in each country. The first IKEA opened in Sweden in 1958.
- Companies > Specific companies > IKEA > No. of stores: The number of IKEA outlets in each country.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: List of countries by corporate governance; Wikipedia: Asian supermarket (International brands) (Barr, Greg (5 August 2007). "Bank bets on growth in Asian communities" .); Wikipedia: Apple Store (Locations); Wikipedia: Auchan (Operations around the world) ((Romanian) Iancu, Liviu (30 november 2012). "Auchan a cumpărat magazinele Real din ECE, inclusiv cele din România, pentru 1,1 miliarde de euro" . Ziarul Financiar.); Wikipedia: Carrefour (Europe); Wikipedia: List of countries with IKEA stores
Did you know
- The top ten tourist destinations France, Spain, USA, Italy, China, UK, Austria, Mexico, Germany and Canada account for 49.6 percent of all tourist arrivals worldwide.
- The United States has 22 times the external debt of China, despite the fact that the United States' GDP is twice the size.
- 83 countries have the EU as their largest export market. 28 have the US and 14 have China.