- International > Per $ GDP: Per $ GDP figures expressed per $1,000 gross domestic product
- International > Per capita: Per capita figures expressed per 1 population.
- International per capita: . Figures expressed per capita for the same year.
- International, % of GDP: . Figures expressed as a proportion of GDP for the same year
SOURCES: Source: World Tourism Organization Statistics Database and Yearbook | United Nations World Tourism Organization; Source: World Tourism Organization Statistics Database and Yearbook | United Nations World Tourism Organization. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; Source: World Tourism Organization Statistics Database and Yearbook | United Nations World Tourism Organization. GDP figures sourced from World Bank national accounts data, and OECD National Accounts data files.
Did you know
- The top ten tourist destinations France, Spain, USA, Italy, China, UK, Austria, Mexico, Germany and Canada account for 49.6 percent of all tourist arrivals worldwide.
- The United States has 22 times the external debt of China, despite the fact that the United States' GDP is twice the size.
- 83 countries have the EU as their largest export market. 28 have the US and 14 have China.