- Affiliates: Number of foreign affiliates to transnational corporations
- Affiliates per million: Number of foreign affiliates to transnational corporations. Figures expressed per million population for the same year.
- Parents: Number of parent transnational corporations
- Parents per million: Number of parent transnational corporations. Figures expressed per million population for the same year.
SOURCES: World Investment Report 2001, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD); World Investment Report 2001, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.
Did you know
- The top ten tourist destinations France, Spain, USA, Italy, China, UK, Austria, Mexico, Germany and Canada account for 49.6 percent of all tourist arrivals worldwide.
- The United States has 22 times the external debt of China, despite the fact that the United States' GDP is twice the size.
- 83 countries have the EU as their largest export market. 28 have the US and 14 have China.