- Auchan > First store: Countries compared by the year in which the first Auchan store started operating in their territory. Groupe Auchan, based in Croix, France, is one of the principal distribution groups in the world, with 269,000 employees and presence in 12 countries. Additionally to these countries, the group was present in the U.S.A. from 1988 with several stores, but eventually all of them had losses and were sold.
- Auchan > Supermarkets: Countries compared by number of Auchan supermarkets operating in their territory. Groupe Auchan, based in Croix, France, is one of the principal distribution groups in the world, with 269,000 employees and presence in 12 countries. This list is only for supermarkets; you can check international Auchan hypermarkets, convenience stores and shopping centers in this table.
- Carrefour > First store: Year in which Carrefour first entered each country.
- Carrefour > Hard Discounters: Amount of shops of the type “hard discounter” Carrefour has per country. Carrefour's brands Dia, Ed and Minipreço are considered hard discounters.
- Carrefour > Hypermarkets: Amount of shops of the type “Hypermarket” Carrefour has per country. Carrefour’s brands Carrefour, Atacadão and Hyperstar make up the category Hypermarket.
- IKEA > Debut: The year in which the first IKEA opened in each country. The first IKEA opened in Sweden in 1958.
- IKEA > No. of stores: The number of IKEA outlets in each country.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Auchan (Operations around the world) ((Romanian) Iancu, Liviu (30 november 2012). "Auchan a cumpărat magazinele Real din ECE, inclusiv cele din România, pentru 1,1 miliarde de euro" . Ziarul Financiar.); Wikipedia: Carrefour (Europe); Wikipedia: List of countries with IKEA stores