- 2010-2011 Middle East and North Africa protests > Deaths: Death toll in protests that erupted in many African and Middle east countries inspired by the initial protests in Tunisia in December 2010.
- Bertelsmann Transformation Index > Management Index 2006: This Index evaluates management by political decision-makers while taking into consideration the level of difficulty. The Management Indexâ€™s overall result is calculated by multiplying the intermediate result with a factor derived from the level of difficulty evaluation.
- Bertelsmann Transformation Index > Status Index 2006: The Status Indexâ€™s overall result represents the mean value of the scores for the dimensions â€œPolitical Transformationâ€? and â€œEconomic Transformationâ€?. The mean value was calculated using the exact, unrounded values for both these dimensions, which, in turn, were derived from the ratings for the five political criteria (based on 18 indicators) and the seven economic criteria (based on 14 indicators). The table shows rounded scores for political and economic transformation as well as for the Status Indexâ€™s overall result. In some cases, therefore, the overall result differs slightly from the mean value.
- Bertelsmann Transformation Index>Political Transformation: Political Transformation The score for â€?Political Transformationâ€œ is obtained by calculating the mean value of the ratings for the following criteria: Â· Stateness Â· Political Participation Â· Rule of Law Â· Stability of Democratic Institutions Â· Political and Social Integration
Civil and political liberties:
Civil and political liberties
Units: Index Ranging from 7 (High Levels of Liberties) to 1 (Low
Units: This is the average of two indicators - civil liberties and political liberties.
Democratic institutions rating:
Units: Scale ranging from -10 (autocratic) to +10 (democratic)
- Female candidacy: Year in which women received the right to stand for election. Data refer to the year in which right to vote or stand for election on a universal and equal basis was recognized. Where two years are shown, the first refers to the first partial recognition of the right to stand for election.
- Female ministers: Women in government at ministerial level in 2000 (as % of total). Data were provided by states based on their definition of national executive and may therefore include women serving as ministers and vice ministers and those holding other ministerial positions, including parliamentary secretaries.
- Female suffrage: Year in which women received the right to vote. Data refer to the year in which right to vote or stand for election on a universal and equal basis was recognized. Where two years are shown, the first refers to the first partial recognition of the right to vote.
SOURCES: Various sources compiled into Wikipedia's: 2010-2011 Middle East and North Africa protests; Bertelsmann Transformation Index online, 2006; http://www.bertelsmann-transformation-index.de/fileadmin/pdf/BTI_2006_Ranking_GB.pdf; Freedom House, Freedom in the World 2000-2001, New York: Freedom House, 2001; Polity IV Project, University of Maryland, at Polity IV Project; IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union). 1995. Women in Parliaments 1945-1995: A World Statistical Survey. Geneva and IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union). 2001. Correspondence on year women received the right to vote and to stand for election and year first woman was elected or appointed to parliament. March. Geneva; IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union). 2001. Correspondence on women in government at the ministerial level. March. Geneva; Source: Millennium Development Goals Database | United Nations Statistics Division
"Libya Democracy Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Libya/Government/Democracy
"Libya Democracy Stats, NationMaster." 1991-2011. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Libya/Government/Democracy>.
'Libya Democracy Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Libya/Government/Democracy> [assessed 1991-2011]
"Libya Democracy Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1991-2011. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Libya/Government/Democracy>.
"Libya Democracy Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1991-2011.
"Libya Democracy Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Libya/Government/Democracy (assessed 1991-2011)
"Libya Democracy Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Libya/Government/Democracy (last visited 1991-2011)
"Libya Democracy Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Libya/Government/Democracy (as of 1991-2011)