- Average age of mother at childbirth: Average age of mother at first childbirth.
- Crude birth rate: Country's crude birth rate. The crude birth rate is the number of live births for every 1,000 people.
- Number of births: Total number of live births. A live birth refers to a birth after which the baby shows signs of life, however, if the baby dies after showing signs of life, it is still considered a live birth.
- Number of births per thousand people: Total number of live births. Figures expressed per thousand people for the same year.
- Teenage birth rate: Percentage of females aged 15-19 who give birth, out of all females the same age in the country.
SOURCES: United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Population Division. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables