- Rate of urbanization: Urbanization rate.
- Urban areas over 1,000,000: Urban areas with a population of over a million people.
- Urban areas over 2,000,000: Urban Areas Over 2,000,000.
- Urban areas over 500,000: Urban Areas Over 500,000.
- Urban population: Total population living in urban areas. The defition of an urban area differs for each country. Future estimates are from the UN Population Division.
- Urban population per thousand people: Total population living in urban areas. The defition of an urban area differs for each country. Future estimates are from the UN Population Division. Figures expressed per thousand people for the same year.
SOURCES: Wikipedia: Urbanization by country (Countries) ( United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs); Demographia World Urban Areas (Built-Up Urban Areas and World Agglomerations): 10th Annual Edition, May 2014 Revision, Table 1, p. 20 ff.); Wikipedia: List of urban areas by population (Number of urban areas by country) (Demographia World Urban Areas (World Agglomerations): 9th Annual Edition, March 2013); United Nations Population Division. Source tables; United Nations Population Division. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.