- Bertelsmann Transformation Index > Management Index 2006: This Index evaluates management by political decision-makers while taking into consideration the level of difficulty. The Management Indexâ€™s overall result is calculated by multiplying the intermediate result with a factor derived from the level of difficulty evaluation.
- Bertelsmann Transformation Index > Status Index 2006: The Status Indexâ€™s overall result represents the mean value of the scores for the dimensions â€œPolitical Transformationâ€? and â€œEconomic Transformationâ€?. The mean value was calculated using the exact, unrounded values for both these dimensions, which, in turn, were derived from the ratings for the five political criteria (based on 18 indicators) and the seven economic criteria (based on 14 indicators). The table shows rounded scores for political and economic transformation as well as for the Status Indexâ€™s overall result. In some cases, therefore, the overall result differs slightly from the mean value.
- Bertelsmann Transformation Index>Political Transformation: Political Transformation The score for â€?Political Transformationâ€œ is obtained by calculating the mean value of the ratings for the following criteria: Â· Stateness Â· Political Participation Â· Rule of Law Â· Stability of Democratic Institutions Â· Political and Social Integration
- CPIA gender equality rating: Gender equality assesses the extent to which the country has installed institutions and programs to enforce laws and policies that promote equal access for men and women in education, health, the economy, and protection under law.
- CPIA policies for social inclusion/equity cluster average: The policies for social inclusion and equity cluster includes gender equality, equity of public resource use, building human resources, social protection and labor, and policies and institutions for environmental sustainability.
- CPIA property rights and rule-based governance rating: Property rights and rule-based governance assess the extent to which private economic activity is facilitated by an effective legal system and rule-based governance structure in which property and contract rights are reliably respected and enforced.
- CPIA public sector management and institutions cluster average: The public sector management and institutions cluster includes property rights and rule-based governance, quality of budgetary and financial management, efficiency of revenue mobilization, quality of public administration, and transparency, accountability, and corruption in the public sector.
- CPIA transparency > Accountability > And corruption in the public sector rating: Transparency, accountability, and corruption in the public sector assess the extent to which the executive can be held accountable for its use of funds and for the results of its actions by the electorate and by the legislature and judiciary, and the extent to which public employees within the executive are required to account for administrative decisions, use of resources, and results obtained. The three main dimensions assessed here are the accountability of the executive to oversight institutions and of public employees for their performance, access of civil society to information on public affairs, and state capture by narrow vested interests.
Civil and political liberties:
Civil and political liberties
Units: Index Ranging from 7 (High Levels of Liberties) to 1 (Low
Units: This is the average of two indicators - civil liberties and political liberties.
Democratic institutions rating:
Units: Scale ranging from -10 (autocratic) to +10 (democratic)
SOURCES: Bertelsmann Transformation Index online, 2006; http://www.bertelsmann-transformation-index.de/fileadmin/pdf/BTI_2006_Ranking_GB.pdf; World Development Indicators database; Freedom House, Freedom in the World 2000-2001, New York: Freedom House, 2001; Polity IV Project, University of Maryland, at Polity IV Project; Source: Millennium Development Goals Database | United Nations Statistics Division
"Tanzania Democracy Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tanzania/Government/Democracy
"Tanzania Democracy Stats, NationMaster." 1991-2006. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tanzania/Government/Democracy>.
'Tanzania Democracy Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tanzania/Government/Democracy> [assessed 1991-2006]
"Tanzania Democracy Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1991-2006. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tanzania/Government/Democracy>.
"Tanzania Democracy Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1991-2006.
"Tanzania Democracy Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tanzania/Government/Democracy (assessed 1991-2006)
"Tanzania Democracy Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tanzania/Government/Democracy (last visited 1991-2006)
"Tanzania Democracy Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Tanzania/Government/Democracy (as of 1991-2006)