- % of under-fives suffering from stunting moderate & severe: Health - Nutrition - % of under-fives (1995-2002) suffering from: stunting moderate & severe
- % of under-fives suffering from underweight moderate & severe: Health - Nutrition - % of under-fives (1995-2002) suffering from: underweight moderate & severe
- % of under-fives suffering from wasting moderate & severe: Health - Nutrition - % of under-fives (1995-2002) suffering from: wasting moderate & severe
- Depth of hunger > Kilocalories per person per day: Depth of hunger or the intensity of food deprivation, indicates how much food-deprived people fall short of minimum food needs in terms of dietary energy. The food deficit, in kilocalories per person per day, is measured by comparing the average amount of dietary energy that undernourished people get from the foods they eat with the minimum amount of dietary energy they need to maintain body weight and undertake light activity. The depth of hunger is low when it is less than 200 kilocalories per person per day, and high when it is higher than 300 kilocalories per person per day."
- Low-birthweight babies > % of births: Low-birthweight babies are newborns weighing less than 2,500 grams, with the measurement taken within the first hours of life, before significant postnatal weight loss has occurred."
- Prevalence of undernourishment > % of population: Population below minimum level of dietary energy consumption (also referred to as prevalence of undernourishment) shows the percentage of the population whose food intake is insufficient to meet dietary energy requirements continuously. Data showing as 2.5 signifies a prevalence of undernourishment below 2.5%.
SOURCES: UNICEF; Food and Agriculture Organisation, Food Security Statistics (http://www.fao.org/economic/ess/food-security-statistics/en/).; UNICEF, State of the World's Children, Childinfo, and Demographic and Health Surveys by Macro International.; Food and Agriculture Organisation (http://www.fao.org/faostat/foodsecurity/index_en.htm).