DEFINITION: Total debt service (% of exports of goods and services). Total debt service is the sum of principal repayments and interest actually paid in foreign currency, goods, or services on long-term debt, interest paid on short-term debt, and repayments (repurchases and charges) to the IMF. Exports of goods and services includes income and workers' remittances.
Interesting observations about Economy > Debt service
- Brazil ranked first for debt service amongst Emerging markets in 2001.
- Sierra Leone ranked first for debt service amongst Hot countries in 2001.
- Argentina ranked first for debt service amongst Former Spanish colonies in 2001.
- Lebanon ranked first for debt service amongst Former French colonies in 2001.
- Madagascar ranked second for debt service amongst Sub-Saharan Africa in 2001.
- Burundi ranked first for debt service amongst Landlocked countries in 2001.
- Turkey ranked third for debt service amongst Muslim countries in 2001.
- Turkmenistan ranked first for debt service amongst Former Soviet republics in 1998.
- Hungary ranked first for debt service amongst Eastern Europe in 2001.
- Pakistan ranked second for debt service amongst Former British colonies in 2001.