DEFINITION: Gross national saving is derived by deducting final consumption expenditure (household plus government) from Gross national disposable income, and consists of personal saving, plus business saving (the sum of the capital consumption allowance and retained business profits), plus government saving (the excess of tax revenues over expenditures), but excludes foreign saving (the excess of imports of goods and services over exports). The figures are presented as a percent of GDP. A negative number indicates that the economy as a whole is spending more income than it produces, thus drawing down national wealth (dissaving).
|1||China||50.1% of GDP||2012|
|2||Indonesia||32.6% of GDP||2012|
|3||Malaysia||31.9% of GDP||2012|
|4||Thailand||30.5% of GDP||2012|
|5||Russia||29.5% of GDP||2012|
|6||Venezuela||28.9% of GDP||2012|
|7||India||28.8% of GDP||2012|
|8||Estonia||26.4% of GDP||2012|
|9||Latvia||24.6% of GDP||2012|
|10||Argentina||24% of GDP||2012|
|=11||Romania||23.3% of GDP||2012|
|=11||Peru||23.3% of GDP||2012|
|13||Bulgaria||22.5% of GDP||2012|
|14||Mexico||21.7% of GDP||2012|
|15||Chile||21.4% of GDP||2012|
|16||Philippines||21.3% of GDP||2012|
|17||Turkey||20.2% of GDP||2012|
|18||Colombia||19.9% of GDP||2012|
|19||Hungary||19.3% of GDP||2012|
|=20||Poland||17.2% of GDP||2012|
|=20||Lithuania||17.2% of GDP||2012|
|22||Brazil||15.2% of GDP||2012|
|23||Pakistan||13.3% of GDP||2012|
|24||South Africa||13.2% of GDP||2012|
|25||Ukraine||10.1% of GDP||2012|
Interesting observations about Economy > Gross national saving
- China ranked first for gross national saving amongst Emerging markets in 2012.
- Netherlands ranked first for gross national saving amongst European Union in 2012.
- Norway ranked first for gross national saving amongst High income OECD countries in 2012.
- Kuwait ranked first for gross national saving amongst Muslim countries in 2012.
- Azerbaijan ranked first for gross national saving amongst Europe in 2012.
- Singapore ranked first for gross national saving amongst Heavily indebted countries in 2012.
- Gabon ranked first for gross national saving amongst Christian countries in 2012.
- United States ranked second last for gross national saving amongst Group of 7 countries (G7) in 2012.
- Saudi Arabia ranked third for gross national saving amongst Hot countries in 2012.
- France ranked last for gross national saving amongst Non-religious countries in 2012.