DEFINITION: The percentage share of used land that is not arable or under permanent crops. This includes permanent meadows and pastures, forests and woodlands, built-on areas, roads, barren land, etc.
Interesting observations about Geography > Land use > Other
- French Southern and Antarctic Lands has ranked in the top 2 for land use > other since 1998.
- Moldova has ranked second last for land use > other since 1998.
- 102 of the top 239 countries by land use > other are Christian.
- Paracel Islands has ranked in the top 3 for land use > other since 1998.
- France ranked last for land use > other amongst Group of 7 countries (G7) in 2013.
- Palmyra Atoll has ranked in the top 4 for land use > other since 1998.
- Finland ranked first for land use > other amongst Eurozone in 2011.
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands has ranked in the top 5 for land use > other since 1998.
- Sweden ranked first for land use > other amongst European Union in 2011.
- Iceland ranked first for land use > other amongst NATO countries in 2011.