DEFINITION: The number of square kilometers of land area that is artificially supplied with water.
|1||Vietnam||46,000 sq km||2008|
|2||Morocco||14,570 sq km||2008|
|3||Syria||13,410 sq km||2010|
|4||Madagascar||10,860 sq km||2008|
|5||Algeria||5,700 sq km||2008|
|6||Tunisia||4,450 sq km||2008|
|7||Laos||3,000 sq km||2008|
|8||Cambodia||2,850 sq km||2008|
|9||Mali||2,360 sq km||2008|
|10||Senegal||1,200 sq km||2008|
|11||Mozambique||1,180 sq km||2008|
|12||Haiti||970 sq km||2009|
|13||Guinea||950 sq km||2008|
|14||Lebanon||900 sq km||2008|
|15||Niger||740 sq km||2008|
|16||Cote d'Ivoire||730 sq km||2008|
|17||Mauritania||450 sq km||2008|
|=18||Burkina Faso||300 sq km||2008|
|=18||Chad||300 sq km||2008|
|20||Cameroon||290 sq km||2008|
|21||Benin||230.4 sq km||2008|
|22||Togo||70 sq km||2008|
|23||Gabon||40 sq km||2008|
|24||French Guiana||20 sq km||2003|
|=25||Central African Republic||10 sq km||2008|
|=25||Djibouti||10 sq km||2008|
Interesting observations about Geography > Irrigated land
- All of the top 2 countries by irrigated land are Emerging markets'.
- 2 of the top 3 countries by irrigated land are Cold countries'.
- China has ranked in the top 2 for irrigated land since 1998.
- India has ranked in the top 2 for irrigated land since 1998.
- United States has ranked in the top 3 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Pakistan has ranked in the top 4 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands has ranked third last for irrigated land since 2010.
- Philippines has ranked in the top 5 for irrigated land since 2003.
- Iran has ranked in the top 7 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Russia ranked first for irrigated land amongst Former Soviet republics in 2008.
- 27 of the top 94 countries by irrigated land are European.