DEFINITION: This entry is the total oil consumed in barrels per day (bbl/day). The discrepancy between the amount of oil produced and/or imported and the amount consumed and/or exported is due to the omission of stock changes, refinery gains, and other complicating factors. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
Interesting observations about Energy > Oil > Consumption > Per capita
- All of the top 2 countries by oil > consumption > per capita are Densely populated.
- Virgin Islands has had the highest oil > consumption > per capita since 2001.
- 4 of the top 6 countries by oil > consumption > per capita are Hot countries.
- 19 of the top 33 countries by oil > consumption > per capita are Christian.
- Gibraltar has ranked in the top 2 for oil > consumption > per capita since 2003.