DEFINITION: The number of square kilometers of land area that is artificially supplied with water.
|1||Philippines||152,500 sq km||2008|
|2||Mexico||64,600 sq km||2009|
|3||Chile||19,000 sq km||2008|
|4||Argentina||15,500 sq km||2008|
|5||Peru||11,950 sq km||2008|
|6||Colombia||10,870 sq km||2011|
|7||Venezuela||10,550 sq km||2008|
|8||Cuba||8,700 sq km||2008|
|9||Ecuador||8,650 sq km||2008|
|10||Dominican Republic||3,065 sq km||2009|
|11||Uruguay||2,180 sq km||2008|
|12||Guatemala||2,000 sq km||2008|
|13||Bolivia||1,500 sq km||2008|
|14||Costa Rica||1,080 sq km||2008|
|15||Honduras||800 sq km||2008|
|16||Paraguay||670 sq km||2008|
|17||Nicaragua||610 sq km||2008|
|18||El Salvador||450 sq km||2008|
|19||Panama||430 sq km||2008|
Interesting observations about Geography > Irrigated land
- All of the top 2 countries by irrigated land are Emerging markets'.
- 2 of the top 3 countries by irrigated land are Cold countries'.
- China has ranked in the top 2 for irrigated land since 1998.
- India has ranked in the top 2 for irrigated land since 1998.
- United States has ranked in the top 3 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Pakistan has ranked in the top 4 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands has ranked third last for irrigated land since 2010.
- Philippines has ranked in the top 5 for irrigated land since 2003.
- Iran has ranked in the top 7 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Russia ranked first for irrigated land amongst Former Soviet republics in 2008.
- 27 of the top 94 countries by irrigated land are European.