DEFINITION: The number of square kilometers of land area that is artificially supplied with water.
|1||United States||230,000 sq km||2008|
|2||Italy||39,500 sq km||2008|
|3||Spain||34,700 sq km||2011|
|4||France||26,000 sq km||2003|
|5||Australia||25,500 sq km||2008|
|6||Japan||25,000 sq km||2010|
|7||Chile||19,000 sq km||2008|
|8||Greece||15,500 sq km||2008|
|9||Canada||8,550 sq km||2008|
|10||South Korea||8,320 sq km||2008|
|11||New Zealand||6,190 sq km||2008|
|12||Portugal||5,840 sq km||2008|
|13||Germany||4,850 sq km||2008|
|14||Netherlands||4,600 sq km||2008|
|15||Denmark||4,350 sq km||2008|
|16||Israel||2,250 sq km||2008|
|17||United Kingdom||1,950 sq km||2008|
|18||Slovakia||1,660 sq km||2008|
|19||Sweden||1,600 sq km||2008|
|20||Norway||1,180 sq km||2008|
|21||Austria||1,170 sq km||2008|
|22||Poland||1,160 sq km||2008|
|23||Finland||685.8 sq km||2010|
|24||Czech Republic||390 sq km||2008|
|25||Switzerland||250 sq km||2008|
|26||Belgium||230 sq km||2008|
|27||Slovenia||76.04 sq km||2010|
|28||Luxembourg||40 sq km||1998|
|29||Ireland||11 sq km||2003|
|30||Estonia||4.58 sq km||2010|
Interesting observations about Geography > Irrigated land
- All of the top 2 countries by irrigated land are Emerging markets'.
- 2 of the top 3 countries by irrigated land are Cold countries'.
- China has ranked in the top 2 for irrigated land since 1998.
- India has ranked in the top 2 for irrigated land since 1998.
- United States has ranked in the top 3 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Pakistan has ranked in the top 4 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands has ranked third last for irrigated land since 2010.
- Philippines has ranked in the top 5 for irrigated land since 2003.
- Iran has ranked in the top 7 for irrigated land since 1998.
- Russia ranked first for irrigated land amongst Former Soviet republics in 2008.
- 27 of the top 94 countries by irrigated land are European.