- Agricultural workers > Male: Proportion of employed males engaged in the agricultural sector. Employment by economic activity (%) (most recent year available between 1995 and 2001). Note: As a result of a number of limitations in the data, comparisons of labour statistics over time and across countries should be made with caution. For detailed notes on the data see ILO (2002. Estimates and Projections of the Economically Active Population, 1950-2010, 4th ed., rev. 2. Database. Geneva; 2002. Key Indicators of the Labour Market 2001-2002. February 2002; and 2002. Laboursta Database. February 2002). The percentage shares of employment by economic activity may not sum to 100 because of rounding or the omission of activities not classified.
- Employment rate > Adults: Employment to population ratio is the proportion of a country's population that is employed. Ages 15 and older are generally considered the working-age population.
- Expense > Current LCU: Expense (current LCU). Expense is cash payments for operating activities of the government in providing goods and services. It includes compensation of employees (such as wages and salaries), interest and subsidies, grants, social benefits, and other expenses such as rent and dividends.
- Female doctors: Female doctors as % of the total - 2000.
- GNI > Current US$: GNI (current US$). GNI (formerly GNP) is the sum of value added by all resident producers plus any product taxes (less subsidies) not included in the valuation of output plus net receipts of primary income (compensation of employees and property income) from abroad. Data are in current U.S. dollars.
- Labor force: The total labor force figure
- Labor force > By occupation > Agriculture: This entry lists the percentage distribution of the labor force by occupation. The distribution will total less than 100 percent if the data are incomplete.
- Labor force > By occupation > Industry: This entry lists the percentage distribution of the labor force by occupation. The distribution will total less than 100 percent if the data are incomplete.
- Labor force > By occupation > Services: This entry lists the percentage distribution of the labor force by occupation. The distribution will total less than 100 percent if the data are incomplete.
- Labor force per 1000: The total labor force figure. Figures expressed per thousand population for the same year.
- Labor force, total: Labor force, total. Total labor force comprises people ages 15 and older who meet the International Labour Organization definition of the economically active population: all people who supply labor for the production of goods and services during a specified period. It includes both the employed and the unemployed. While national practices vary in the treatment of such groups as the armed forces and seasonal or part-time workers, in general the labor force includes the armed forces, the unemployed, and first-time job-seekers, but excludes homemakers and other unpaid caregivers and workers in the informal sector.
- Rigidity of employment index: The rigidity of employment index measures the regulation of employment, specifically the hiring and firing of workers and the rigidity of working hours. This index is the average of three subindexes: a difficulty of hiring index, a rigidity of hours index, and a difficulty of firing index. The index ranges from 0 to 100, with higher values indicating more rigid regulations.
- Strikes: Strikes five-year average in days not worked per 1000 employees (1996-2000)
- Trade union membership: Union members as % of all employees. Figures are for 2000.
- Unemployment rate: The percent of the labor force that is without jobs. Substantial underemployment might be noted.
Facts and figures about Eurozone
|Eurozone Agriculture 218||Eurozone Government 118||Eurozone Military 135|
|Eurozone Crime 116||Eurozone Health 265||Eurozone People 530|
|Eurozone Disasters 30||Eurozone Import 1||Eurozone Religion 18|
|Eurozone Economy 3070||Eurozone Industry 84||Eurozone Sports 255|
|Eurozone Education 484||Eurozone Labor 292||Eurozone Terrorism 24|
|Eurozone Energy 2246||Eurozone Language 8||Eurozone Transport 333|
|Eurozone Environment 202||Eurozone Lifestyle 100|
|Eurozone Geography 52||Eurozone Media 228|