- Area > Comparative: The area of various small countries expressed in comparison to various areas within the United States of America.
- Area > Comparative to US places: This entry provides an area comparison based on total area equivalents. Most entities are compared with the entire US or one of the 50 states based on area measurements (1990 revised) provided by the US Bureau of the Census. The smaller entities are compared with Washington, DC (178 sq km, 69 sq mi) or The Mall in Washington, DC (0.59 sq km, 0.23 sq mi, 146 acres).
- Area > Land: Total land area in square kilometres
- Area > Total: Total area in square kilometers
- Climate: A brief description of typical weather regimes throughout the year.
- Coastline: The total length of the boundary between the land area (including islands) and the sea.
- Elevation extremes > Highest point: Highest point above sea level
- Elevation extremes > Lowest point: This entry is derived from Geography > Elevation extremes, which includes both the highest point and the lowest point.
- Geographic coordinates: This entry includes rounded latitude and longitude figures for the purpose of finding the approximate geographic center of an entity and is based on the Gazetteer of Conventional Names, Third Edition, August 1988, US Board on Geographic Names and on other sources.
- Land use > Arable land: The percentage of used land that is arable. Arable land is land cultivated for crops that are replanted after each harvest like wheat, maize, and rice
- Location: The country's regional location, neighboring countries, and adjacent bodies of water.
- Natural hazards: Potential natural disasters.
- Natural resources: A country's mineral, petroleum, hydropower, and other resources of commercial importance.
- Population density: People per square kilometre, in 1999. At this time the world average was 14.42.
- Terrain: A brief description of the topography
"Antarctica Geography Stats", NationMaster. Retrieved from http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Antarctica/Geography
"Antarctica Geography Stats, NationMaster." 1998-2014. <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Antarctica/Geography>.
'Antarctica Geography Stats, NationMaster', <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Antarctica/Geography> [assessed 1998-2014]
"Antarctica Geography Stats", NationMaster [Internet]. 1998-2014. Avaliable from: <http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Antarctica/Geography>.
"Antarctica Geography Stats", NationMaster. Avaliable at: nationmaster.com. Assessed 1998-2014.
"Antarctica Geography Stats, NationMaster," http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Antarctica/Geography (assessed 1998-2014)
"Antarctica Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Antarctica/Geography (last visited 1998-2014)
"Antarctica Geography Stats", NationMaster, http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Antarctica/Geography (as of 1998-2014)
Did you know
- Antarctica ranked #7 for area > total globally in 2013.
- Antarctica has ranked in the top 15 for coastline since 2011.
- Antarctica has ranked in the top 215 for land use > arable land since 2010.
- Antarctica has ranked in the top 204 for land use > permanent crops since 2010.