grown throughout the islands, are the sole cash crop. Small local gardens and fishing contribute to the food supply, but additional food and most other necessities must be imported from Australia. There is a small tourist industry.
- Currency: The national medium of exchange and its basic sub-unit.
- Exports > Commodities: This entry provides a listing of the highest-valued exported products; it sometimes includes the percent of total dollar value.
- Fiscal year: The beginning and ending months for a country's accounting period of 12 months, which often is the calendar year but which may begin in any month. All yearly references are for the calendar year (CY) unless indicated as a noncalendar fiscal year (FY).
- GDP > Real growth rate: GDP growth on an annual basis adjusted for inflation and expressed as a percent.
- Industries: A rank ordering of industries starting with the largest by value of annual output.
- Unemployment rate: This entry contains the percent of the labor force that is without jobs. Substantial underemployment might be noted.