- Daily newspapers > Per 1,000 people: Daily newspapers refer to those published at least four times a week and calculated as average circulation (or copies printed) per 1,000 people."
- Fixed line and mobile phone subscribers > Per 1,000 people: Fixed lines are telephone mainlines connecting a customer's equipment to the public switched telephone network. Mobile phone subscribers refer to users of portable telephones subscribing to an automatic public mobile telephone service using cellular technology that provides access to the public switched telephone network.
- Households with television: Households with television are the share of households with a television set. Some countries report only the number of households with a color television set, and therefore the true number may be higher than reported.
- Internet > International Internet bandwidth > Mbps: International Internet bandwidth is the contracted capacity of international connections between countries for transmitting Internet traffic.
- Internet > Users > Per capita: This entry gives the number of users within a country that access the Internet. Statistics vary from country to country and may include users who access the Internet at least several times a week to those who access it only once within a period of several months. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Internet users > Per 100 people: Internet users are people with access to the worldwide network.
- Newspapers and periodicals > Circulation > Daily > Per capita: Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Personal computers > Per capita: Personal computers are self-contained computers designed to be used by a single individual. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Radio broadcast stations: The total number of AM, FM, and shortwave broadcast stations.
- Telephones > Main lines in use > Per capita: The total number of main telephone lines in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular > Per capita: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Television receivers > Per capita: Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Televisions: The total number of televisions
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Institute for Statistics.; World Development Indicators database; All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Internet World Stats, June 30, 2010; International Telecommunication Union, World Telecommunication/ICT Development Report and database, and World Bank estimates.; Source: UNESCO UIS Data | UNESCO Institute for Statistics; CIA World Factbook, December 2003