- Carbon dioxide 1999: 1999 total CO2 emissions from fossil-fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring. Emissions are expressed in thousand metric tons of carbon (not CO2).
- Greenhouse gas emissions > Kyoto Protocol sign date: Signed.
- Greenhouse gas emissions > United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change sign date: Signature.
- Ozone depleting substance consumption: Consumption of all Ozone-Depleting Substances in ODP metric tons.
- Ozone depleting substance consumption per million people: Consumption of all Ozone-Depleting Substances in ODP metric tons. Figures expressed per million people for the same year.
SOURCES: Gregg Marland, Tom Boden, and Bob Andres, University of North Dakota, via net publication; Wikipedia: List of parties to the Kyoto Protocol (Parties); Wikipedia: List of parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (List of parties) (Parties & Observers , UNFCCC, 1 June 2011); United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables; United Nations Statistics Division. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Report (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.