- Internet > IP addresses per capita: Number of IPv4 internet address allocated per 1000 residents.
- Internet > Internet Service Providers: The number of Internet Service Providers within a country. An ISP is defined as a company that provides access to the Internet.
- Internet > Internet penetration: Penetration.
- Internet > Internet users: Internet users.
- Internet > Users: This entry gives the number of users within a country that access the Internet. Statistics vary from country to country and may include users who access the Internet at least several times a week to those who access it only once within a period of several months.
- Radio broadcast stations: The total number of AM, FM, and shortwave broadcast stations.
- Telephone system > General assessment: A brief characterization of the system with details on the domestic and international components. The following terms and abbreviations are used throughout the entry: Africa ONE - a fiber-optic submarine cable link encircling the continent of Africa.
- Telephones > Main lines in use: The total number of main telephone lines in use.
- Telephones > Main lines in use > Per capita: The total number of main telephone lines in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use.
- Telephones > Mobile cellular > Per capita: The total number of mobile cellular telephones in use. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.
- Television broadcast stations: This entry gives the total number of separate broadcast stations plus any repeater stations.
- Televisions: The total number of televisions
SOURCES: CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 28 March 2011; http://www.iana.org/numbers; CIA World Factbook, December 2003; Wikipedia: List of countries by number of Internet users ("Percentage of Individuals using the Internet 2000-2012" , International Telecommunications Union (Geneva), June 2013, retrieved 22 June 2013); Wikipedia: List of countries by number of Internet users (Calculated using penetration rate and population data from "Countries and Areas Ranked by Population: 2012" , Population data, International Programs, U.S. Census Bureau, retrieved 26 June 2013); All CIA World Factbooks 18 December 2003 to 18 December 2008; Internet World Stats, June 30, 2010